t w e n t y

"What's next, Siri?"

"Fold in the remaining flour and cocoa powder, followed by the milk until well combined."

I watched as Aro mixed the batter, while Caius put the cupcake cases into the tray. I was sat on top of the kitchen counter, with my legs crossed as I watched the three kings at work. Marcus was clearing everything away so while they worked everything was still clean.

It had been about a week, since the whole incident with Heidi. I wondered what exactly they did to Heidi but Caius told me not to worry about it and I trusted them. Marcus passed me the decorations for the cupcakes and I started to play with the sprinkles.

I happily began to eat the sprinkles and the edible stars. Over the week I've been in the castle, a lot has happened. For starters, my hair changed back to brown. Although I slightly missed my silver hair I was glad to have my natural hair colour back.

I've spent more time with my mates and Janie, Alec, Demetri and Felix. It was so weird how we all seemed to click with each other, I felt as if I've known them for years. Which was slightly cringy but true.

It seemed that I was only getting more clingy with my mates, while they got more overprotective and possessive. I would have to do some reading about vampire mating, I yawned softly as I looked at the time on Marcus's phone.

3:30 pm

Caius has been making me take a nap, every day from 4 pm to 5:30. I was quite reluctant about it at first but now it was easy to fall asleep since my body was used to it. Aro handed me the wooden spoon that was covered in the red velvet batter, I licked the spoon as I played with Marcus's phone.

"My god, how are you already a mess?"

I looked up at Caius as I licked the last bit of batter off the spoon. Marcus and Aro chuckled as I gave them an innocent smile, Caius took off the apron and washed his hands before coming over to me with a wet wipe and gently wiping my face.

"Ready for a nap?"

Caius asked as I let out a small 'kitten' yawn as my mates called it. I nodded softly before burying my face in Caius's chest while his fingers got tangled in my hair. I giggled as Aro and Marcus made silly faces at me before the beep of the microwave made me rub my eyes.

Aro passed Caius one of my favourite cups, it was adorable and had a cute silver and gold theme. It also had a plastic barrier that had silver stars, moons and water trapped into it making it look almost dreamy.

It was filled with warm milk, which had also become a little habit Caius put in my routine. I slowly drank the milk and almost instantly felt myself get to sleep, I leaned into Caius as I drank and he helped my support the cup just in case my grip let it slip.