eight

[later that night]

"Do you have to go?" Soo Jin asked. "You can't stay tonight?"

Hoseok shook his head with an apologetic smile. "It's going to be a long night tonight. I won't be back home until tomorrow afternoon. Namjoon will take care of you, okay?"

Soo Jin nodded. "Okay. I like Namjoon," she added. "He always plays board games with me."

He tilted her chin up. "You better not like him more than me."

"I don't like anyone more than you. You're special," she purred.

Hoseok closed his eyes, listening to the smooth rumble coming from her throat. He let out a satisfied sigh through his nose.

"Don't get me excited, princess, I have a job to get to."

"If I get you excited now, then your job will be much easier," Soo Jin retorted.

"It'll make my job much harder," he corrected.

"It's not your job that's going to be harder," she said.

Hoseok let out a breathy chuckle. "You naughty fox."

"Tell me something I don't know."

Hoseok rolled his eyes before kissing the top of her head. "I have to go now, princess. Be good for Namjoon, okay?"

Soo Jin walked away and sat on the edge of the bed. "I'm always good for Namjoon."

He arched an eyebrow. "I better not hear that coming from your mouth again or you're going to get punished."

Soo Jin frowned. "You better go before you're late to your own show. No one likes a late Magician."