ten

Hoseok threw his cape off and set it on the bed. He sat on the floor with Soo Jin.

"Princess, do you want me to quit? I can do that."

Soo Jin shook her head, her bangs falling in front of her eyes. Hoseok reached forward and brushed her bangs back.

He did what he always did. He reached for her chin and tilted her head up. He peered at her face, his own bangs smoothly falling down.

"Look at me, Soo Jin," he whispered. "Please look at me."

She did as he requested. Her eyes were watery. She was on the verge of tears.

"I want you to keep doing what you love," she said. "I just wish I could live as long as humans. I don't want to be coughing and throwing up. I don't want you to see me like that."

"I want to spend all of my time with you. You should have told me earlier about how you felt. I never even stopped to think about how you're not human," Hoseok said.

Soo Jin shook her head. "I was never human."

"You are, Soo Jin. Don't ever say that again. I—I love you so much. I will spend all of my time with you until you... I want to hold you forever, Soo Jin. I want to kiss you when I wake up and before I fall asleep. I want to tickle your chin, play with your hair, smack your butt around."

Soo Jin let out a chuckle. "You're so weird. I can't believe someone as weird as you bought me at the Black Market."

"I believe it. I'm a weird guy who knows what he likes. You're my type, Soo Jin. Look how adorable you are," he gushed as he grabbed her face and smushed her cheeks.

Soo Jin pouted, shaking his hands away. "You should go back to work."

Hoseok grunted and rolled his eyes. "I'll try to come back home soon. I have a gift for you."