Chapter 11

"So... You and jack are" "we're not dating." I say to answer his unsung question. "OK" he says as we sit in the car ride awkwardly. "I'm going to drop off Jackson before we go back to my place ok." He says looking at me as we stop at the red sign. I shake my head yes and we turn to the left. We pull up alongside a really nice, inviting home. Wyatt and Jackson get out of the car and head to the house. They're to far for me to hear anything but the way Jackson hugs Wyatt and how his mom has a huge smile on her face, i could tell, they loved him. Wyatt waves once again to them as he walks back towards me. "They love you." i say as he climbs in. "oh yea, they do." he says. I smile at him and can't help think what a great father he would be. We finally reach Wyatt's house and i have to say it is just as big as Jack's. He didn't have a pool or Jacuzzi but the size of the house made up for it. "Wow, do you guys all live in big nice homes?" i ask laughing a bit. He shrugs, "I guess." He says as I follow him to what seems the kitchen. I sit down at the dining room the chair and watch him pull stuff out of the fridge. "Hey Wyatt." His mom says walking down a hallway. As she gets closer I see the smile on her face change to confusion. "Oh, aren't you Jack's girlfriend?" She smiles once again. I look over to Wyatt then back to her. "Yes." I say not wanting to tell the whole story. "oh well then is Jack here?" she asks walking over to Wyatt pulling out veggies. "um... no." She looks up at me and sets the lettuce down. "sweetie, whats wrong." she asks, seeing right through my smile. "I...we um." she gets up and walks over to me, and pulls me up. Then she... hugs me. I first hold back and try to stay strong but i couldn't help it. I tried to stay strong for to long. I gave in. And broke down. She held me tighter, as if i was her daughter. I squeezed her and let my tears come out, rolling down my cheeks and falling onto her blouse. She kept her hands on my shoulders and looked back at me, rubbing my cheeks to wipe the tears. "do you wanna talk about it?" she asks. I shake my head no and smile. A real smile. We look over to Wyatt who stands there awkwardly then starts backing to helping with dinner. Mrs. Oleff walks back to her son and her lettuce. I wipe my face and look up, "Can i help?" i ask. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wyatt stop!" i yell at him as he chases my around with a long dirty wooden spoon. "I swear!" i yell as we laugh running around in circles. Mrs. Oleff comes back into the kitchen and i hid behind her. "goodness gracious, i leave for 5 minutes and this happens." she laughs. Wyatt still tries to reach around her as i dodge his every swipe. "Okay that is enough." she says pushing Wyatt off of her. I smile and stick my tongue out at him as his mother stands in between us. He shakes his head and eyeballs me. I laugh to myself and get back to dicing the tomatoes and potatoes. I chop them quickly and smoothly, which seems to catch their attention. "Woah." Wyatt says watching me. "Oh yea, i used to work in a diner, i wanted to become a chef." i say not taking my eyes off of the knife. "Well, Chef y/n show us your skills." she says backing away from the counter. I look at her and raise my eyebrows as she waves to the food. I look at her and smile. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, these are some of the best burgers i have ever had." Wyatt says biting into his third burger. I smile. "He's right, OH my, what are in these amazing burgers?" Wyatt's mom says. "Well the ground beef mixed with onion, chives, salt, pepper, chopped red peppers, lettuce tomatoes, grilled mushrooms and my secret sauce. " i say picking up my food. "Mmm." he responds. "You really could be a chef, and i would be your first customer." She says. "Not even, i would be" Wyatt says wiping his face. I smile while i chew. No one has ever liked my food this much before.

Flash back to age 14

I walked to the counter and set my groceries on the counter. I sighed and put away the food that i wasn't using for that dinner. Today was my 14th birthday and i knew if i wanted a nice meal i had to make it myself. Then i got to work. I pulled my h/c hair into a pony and washed my hands. I cut, chopped,washed and fried. Finally by the time i was done the sun had set. I inhaled deeply and smiled proudly. Mom and Dad would have to love my food. They would have to be proud. I took my two dishes to their room. I Knocked with my foot,"What is it!" my father yelled making me shake a bit. "um i have dinner." i say. "come in." my mother says. I push open the door and walk into their disgusting room. Trash scattered everywhere, blankets and clothes throw, the T.V. being the only light. I walked to the foot of their bed and set their food on the food tray, next to old KFC buckets. My mo scooted up and picked it up and held it towards the light to  inspect it. I stood there, tapping my foot. She eyed me then took a bite. She chewed it then set the plate back down. I stood there anxiously waiting for her smile to come to face. For her to be filled with glee and hug me saying how proud she was. But...she didn't. She set the plate back on the tray and reached back to her dresser. She pulled out a 20$ bill and handed it to me. "Go order us some Panda Express." my mom said and then leaned back on the pillows. I stood there in shock for a second until my father yelled, "GO!". I ran out of the room and shut the door. I ran straight out of there.  I ran all the way to Panda Express and waited in line. Hiding my face by pulling out my messy pony tail. "Hi darling what can i get you." the cashier lady said and smiled. "Two rice boxes with chow mien and orange chicken." i said coldly, wiping my face.