mutual - ashton

•this is really similar to the first imagine of this book ugh sorry but thank you for 50+ reads yesterday!

ashton sat across from you, his eyes focused on his food as he ate. the other boys were laughing and joking, but ashton was different. he had been different for about a week.

you had a massive crush on ashton, you liked him a lot. he was your best friend, he knew you better more than you knew yourself in some ways. and, you decided to tell him last weekend. you couldn't understand how he felt, he just got to his feet and walked out of the room. the boys were staying at your house the night you told him, and ashton always slept in the same bed as you as there wasn't enough bedrooms. he slept on the couch that night and left as early as he could.

"(y/n)?" michael waves at you from across the table. he was sat next to ashton, and you tried so hard to simply focus on michael.

"huh? sorry." you say meekly, taking a bite of your food.

luke shoots a glance in your direction, a softened expression on his face; he knew about the whole situation and every time he tried to talk to ashton about it, he was pushed away.

"do you want to come to the fair with us tomorrow?" michael asks.

"yeah, alright."

-

ripped black skinny jeans clad to your legs with a bright orange cropped jumper, you stepped out of the door in checkered vans with your phone, keys and purse in hand before jumping into michaels car.

"nice outfit, (y/n)." calum comments. "you look fit."

luke slaps calum in the chest, calum letting out a yelp in the process.

"cheers, cal. don't look too bad yourself. makes a change." you wink at him.

"bit rude, (y/n). im offended." calum leans back in his car seat, cracking a smile.

after around half an hour, you arrived at the fair. the flashing lights and smell of popcorn warmed your heart. jumping out of the car you went to grab michaels wrist playfully and tug him to a stall but ended up grabbing ashtons hand.

"shit, ash, sorry." you mutter, almost stumbling over your words.

ashton pulls his hand back and stuffs it in his pocket as you both walk to try and catch up with the rest of the boys, who were all waiting in line at the ferris wheel.

"really, boys? i wanted to get candy floss first!" you protest.

"well go and get some then, we'll save a space." luke nods. "get us all some."

you run off to the nearest candy floss stall, and buy a stick for each of the boys. upon returning you realise the line had moved slightly, and it was almost your turn.

"michael!" you shove a stick into his hand and he takes a bite instantly.

you hand ashton his without making eye contact. every minute you were apart, the more your whole entire body ached. you missed him more than anything, even though he was standing right there.

just as you finished eating, you were called into the ride.

"three to a carriage, kids." the instructor ordered.

calum went with luke. and michael. which meant you were stuck with ashton and some random stranger.

luckily, the people behind you said they didn't mind waiting until we were done so they could go in groups, which meant you and ashton alone. you couldn't decide which was worse.

as you both loaded into the carriage and the ride started moving, ashton broke the silence.

"do - do you actually like me like that?" he asked, voice small and humble.

"well, i mean, why would someone lie about something like that." you mutter, looking at the floor. "why'd you finally decide to talk to me after ignoring me for the past week?"

"i haven't been ignoring you."

"are you sure about that, ashton?"

"l-look, i just, um, i don't know how to feel, (y/n). what if i said the wrong thing in response, what if i upset you- more than i already have. im shit at showing how i feel, you know that."

"what are you trying to say, ashton?"

"the feelings are mutual, (y/n), i love you." he blushes and looks at the ground.

you put a finger under his chin and make him turn to look at you, before pressing your lips against his gently. he started moving his lips against yours, soft and plump, the taste of candy floss lacing his tongue. ashtons rough hands cupped your soft cheeks as he pulled away slowly.

"i love you too, ashton."