. s i x .

"The simple things are also the most extraordinary things, and only the wise can see them." - Paulo Coelho

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I woke with a start.

I had a momentary fit of panic when the green color on the wall and the fabric of the sheets were definitely not the same as my apartment, but my breathing and heart beat slowed when my eyes fell to the snoozing boy next to me. I'm with Luke.

I smiled a little to myself as I observed his sleeping figure. One hand rested on his chest and the other was under the back of his head. His lips were slightly parted and his hair was no longer straight up but instead flat against his head, some of it matted down a little from the dew of sleep sweat on his forehead. His chest was bare and the smooth skin rose and fell in a steady, slow rhythm.

I raised my hand and went to poke him the cheek, but decided instead it'd be better not to wake him. It was really early; the sun was still rising outside, and my internal clock always woke me before dance and that was earlier than I like to remind myself.

I untangled myself from the sheets, getting up and exiting his room as quickly and quietly as possible. I walked across the box-filled living room and into the kitchen, the ceramic tile floor cold on my bare feet. I padded over to the fridge, the dryness in my throat deciding for me that his offer from last night was still valid. I shoved the door open and viewed the contents.

Dang, although the rest of Luke's apartment still needed unpacking, the fridge was stocked. Food was compiled in a slightly organized fashion among the many shelves and it was abound with what you would imagine a teenage boy to eat. I rolled my eyes.

I dug through many bottles of condiments and other things and finally found an unopened bottle of orange juice. I grabbed a hopefully unused cup from the sink and poured myself a tall glass.

I sat down at a bar stool, grabbing my phone off the counter and sliding through my notifications. I had several texts from Emma saying that her date went well, and I texted back a smiley face.

Man, will she get a kick out of what happened in the last 12 hours.

I took another gulp of my juice. I sighed and propped my elbow up on the granite counter top, looking into the living room and gazing out the wide window.

"Man, my clothes really swallow you, don't they?"

My head shot to the kitchen doorway and there he stood, bedheaded and shirtless, sporting that smirk I'd now grown accustomed to.

I held back a smile and looked down, shrugging. "I guess."

"I like it." He bobbed his head from side to side, like he was listening to some song stuck inside his head, and then he stepped into the kitchen. He went straight for a cabinet on the far side of the kitchen, and I could hear him shuffling around, looking for something.

"I hope I didn't wake you, it's early." I looked down, staring absentmindedly into my juice.

"Nah." He shook his head, then he finally took out what he was looking for; a jumbo-sized box of cheerios. "I wanted to see you out. I'm a good guy, flower girl." He looked up at me and winked as he poured his cereal into a small white bowl.

I sighed and shook my head, grinning. I checked the digital clock on his microwave. "I have dance in about 45 minutes, but I need to catch the subway in a half hour." I told him, finishing the rest of my juice in a big gulp. I hopped down from the bar stool and set the glass in the sink.

"I know. Maybe I'll come with." He mused.

I chuckled. "Why? It's not like you actually did anything that first day you came."