1.) The Arrival

It was nighttime. The moon was out, shining down on Sofia's face. She smiled as she thought of that story her mom used to tell her when she was five. It's called "Happy Birthday, Moon" by Frank Asch. It was her favorite childhood book. She thought of the cute little bear that always made her calm. In fact, it was a poetic fantasy. As she was in this thought, her dad screamed at her mom. She rolled her eyes and from the look of her face, Sofia could tell she's had enough. They kept bickering back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth! Each voice getting higher than before. All of a sudden, the car started going faster. And faster. And faster as it has ever gone before. Her dad turned back at her and said, "Don''t EVER be like your mother." Sofia looked just as shocked as her mom. Both of them were speechless. Then, Sofia's eyes got bigger and she started panting. Both of fer parents said, "What's wrong?" Her mom turned around and saw what Sofia was panicking about. She screamed, "ETHAN! STOP THE CAR! STOP THE CAR!" He finally looked in front of him and blurted out, "Shit!" It was a wide tree and the car was headed right at. He kept slamming his foot on the brake, but it didn't work. He said to both of us, "I love you guys. Sofia, Take every chance. Drop every fear." He turned and looked to her with sincere eyes as tears streamed down her face. We all looked ahead. Right when the car crashed into the tree... everything went blank. All she heard was a voice calling her name repeatedly. "Sofia. Sofia. Sofia!", her mom yelled into her ear. She jolted back to reality. It was a nightmare. The same nightmares that have come back to haunt her. She was in a cold sweat and her heart kept pounding really fast. She sighed and looked up to her mother's excited face.

"We've arrived!", her mom said. 

"Awesome.", Sofia said in a half-excited, half-exhausted tone.

"Honey, are you okay? You look sick. Oh god, it's the airplane food! They really nee-"

"No mom, it's not the food. I'm just really tired and the seat wasn't comfy at all.", Sofia convinced her mom.

"Well, lighten up! Once you see the sights and smell the London air, you'll feel better. Now, c'mon!", her mom said enthusiastically .

Sofia smiled at how happy her mom was. She hasn't seen her this excited since... since forever! They got their luggage and talked about Kimberly. Her mom's friend whose house they were staying at until they found an apartment. 

Sofia walked out of the airplane and took a step on the "oh so beloved London ground". She looked up at the sky and smiled. She couldn't quite explain the smell of the air but it was kind of like cocoa butter. Weird but she liked the smell. In fact, she felt royal to be in London. She thought of all the British accents she would hear and how she desperately wanted to ride those big, red buses.  Her mom was right. She did feel better. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Guys! Over here!", Kimberly shouted at Sofia and her mom.

They walked up to Kimberly and her two sons and politely greeted them.

"Samantha! How have you been? I love what you did with your hair!", Kimberly said looking as excited as monkey in banana land. 

"Fine, and thanks. I love your style! Looks like British clothes are way better than what I've been wearing. How are you? We haven't seen each other in years!", my mom said looking just as excited.

"I couldn't be better! We're so glad you came. We have some catching up to do. Anyways, these are the two rebels I've been telling you about. Jacob and Leo."

Jacob rolled his eyes, looking like he wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. On the other hand, Leo kept looking at Sofia. She felt awkward being looked at from head to toe. Leo winked at her with his hand in his pockets. She simply blushed. Wow, he was one hell of a flirter.