8.) Boys Ruin Everything.

"Okay, you take an egg, crack it, and put it in your bowl- without the shell!", I was explaining to Jacob over FaceTime, how to make the world's easiest breakfast-- scrambled eggs.

Jacob called me this morning telling me that he misses my delicious eggs in the morning.

"Ugh, today is my day off! Why don't you have your mom make you breakfast so I can go back to sleep?!" I yelled at him grumpily.

"She's asleep!"

"Maybe because it's 7 in the morning!"

"C'mon! I miss your cooking! Just teach me once how to make it, and I'll never bother you at this time of the morning again."

So, I gave in. 'Maybe it will take my mind off of things..' I thought in my head. My grandpa has been really sick and my mom hasn't been taking too well...

"Did I do it right?" Jacob asked. Well, he did crack the egg, only it was in his hand and not in the bowl.

I shook my head and covered my face with my hands. "You're impossible."

I felt a tug on my leg. When I looked down I saw the puppy my mom had just gotten me. "Hey, there, Olly!" I said to the dog.

"Who's Olly?" Jacob asked.

"The puppy my mom got me. Isn't he cute?!" I asked him as I showed him the puppy through the camera.

"Yeah! Did you name it after the singer, Olly?"

"Maybe..."

"HAHA!!!" Jacob started cracking up.

"That's not funny! Olly is a cute name!"

"You're such a girl..."

"Thank you for noticing!"

He laughed.

"You're unbelievable!"

Just then, my phone buzzed. It was Niall, apologizing about the chaos that occurred between him and Jacob the other day at the bakery.

"Who's that?" Jacob asked curiously.

"Oh, um, just my mom," I didn't sound very convincing.

"Look, that guy- he's just not right for you. All celebrities are the same."

"I didn't say-"

"You didn't have to", he cut me off.

"You don't know him."

"I know enough about him. I saw what he was like at the bakery-"

"What he was like?! What about how you were like!? What the hell was that about?! You have no right telling me who I can and cannot hang out with." I looked away from the screen. I cannot believe he was putting all the blame on Niall.

"I...I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?! If I could, I would strangle you right now," my face was getting very hot.

"He's no good for you! You deserve better."

"He's better than you'll ever be," I knew immediately I shouldn't have said that.

"Fine! But when he hurts you, don't come running back to me!" I had never seen him like this. His face looked as red as fire and his eyes looked black and angry.

He hung up and now the only thing I was looking at on the screen was me.

Drama. Drama. Drama. This is why I should stay away from boys. They're so...complicated. I've only dated two guys in my whole life and only one of my relationships were ever close to serious.