Chapter 15

Hours passed by and the musketeers finally arrived back in Paris; they headed straight for the Palace. Handing over their horses to the stable boys, the six of them entered the large and grand building; they hurried down many hallways until a maid informed them of where the missing musketeer, King and Queen were "they're in the King's quarters, Derek's with them also". Now, they were stood outside of the room; Aramis and Porthos were making Jock hand over all of his weapons "try anything at all and you'll have a bullet through your head" D'artagnan warned earning an eye roll "relax, I won't". Treville knocked on the door and waited a minute until they heard someone unlock it before it was hesitantly opened a crack to see Kayley, a gun in hand. "Thank god you guys are back!!" she exclaimed as she allowed them into the room "is he the guy??" Athos heard the teens whispered question and nodded "he's agreed to admit to everything, as well as give us letter's from Rochefort, as long as he doesn't get the blame for anything". Treville bowed to the King and explained everything "Rochefort?! But he....he wouldn't!!" Louis suddenly had a coughing fit, alarming room full of people "take it easy your majesty....I know you trust Rochefort, but...there is a large amount of evidence and proof against him" this was when Jock stepped in and began to admit to everything he knew. First, the Spaniard introduced himself, stating who he was to the Cardinal; he then began to read out the letters. Louis showed many emotions; sadness and anger, but mainly betrayal. "What else do you think he has done??" the King asked with pain; the queen turned her gaze down at the question, concerning her husband and the male musketeers. "Anne??" they were completely silent as the woman sighed "...earlier....when you were asleep and you five were away....Rochefort...he attacked me" before they could yell or storm out to kill the Cardinal, she continued "but Kayley saved me and get me away before I could get hurt....but..." the woman paused as she turned towards the eighteen year old; Kayley had her arms wrapped around her small frame, heard down but gave a slight, noticeable nod, indicating that the woman could continue. Everyone else saw this and it made their worried metres go up to 100 "Rochefort....he em...he tried to...to force himself onto her" all eyes widened in horror and disgust "he...he tried to rape you?!" Louis asked as he faced the eighteen year old; they all did. Kayley didn't move, keeping her head down as she didn't want to see all of the pity and sympathy filled stares "...was he...did he..." just like the Anne, Treville was unable to ask if Rochefort was successful in his horrific and messed up attempt but the girl knew what he was trying to ask "no....Derek tackled him off of me before he could do anything....too bad". D'artagnan embraced his little sister, followed by her other three brothers "I'm sorry we weren't here to protect you Kayley" Athos whispered; the eighteen year old shook her head "I'm a musketeer Athos...I can't rely on you guys all the time....besides, Derek had my back this time". Aramis sent the girl a smirk when he witness the smile she and the Prince shared; it was as if he knew something had happened between them!! "Rochefort needs to be -" Louis was cut off by another coughing fit for a minute "....he needs to be stopped!!" he managed to gasp out. The Queen turned to the Captain "go get the royal doctor, he's getting worse" nodding and bowing, Treville left after turning to the musketeers "take. Rochefort. Down". As they began to leave the room, Kayley reminded the Queen and Prince to lock the door and to only open it for them or Treville; Anne agreed of course whilst Derek tried to follow them, the teen girl stopped him "no". She blocked him from the door as she was the last musketeer in the room "you stay here" she ordered; the man tried to protect, but the musketeer shook her head "no, I'm serious this time Derek, you're staying here". The Prince tried to use his amazingly beautiful eyes to his advantage; Kayley had to fight herself so hard to not give in. "Please Derek...I need you to stay here to protect Anne, just in case" she decided to not demand but gently suggest "...uhh!! Fine". Kayley smirked but was soon blushing when Derek leant down next to her ear "no fair, you have your cute and hot looks that makes me weak to the core". The eighteen year old quickly turned around and left the room in a hurry; the other musketeers were waiting for her, all smirking "not. A. Word".