Chapter 3 - Knuckles noticing

Knuckles thought it was so much fun making fun of Sonic and humiliating him in front of the other servants....when Rouge went to a trip that morning he noticed Sonic hasn't stopped working... he first noticed when he sees Sonic working in the dinning room none stop... Knuckles thought as he turned, maybe were being a little too harsh...besides he looks like he's gonna pass out... he turns to see Sonic was about to fall asleep but when he sees him taking a pill once more he starts in a second or two...Sonic thought, this is the only thing I can do for Tails life...hang in there Tails...I'll...I'll try to save you...I promise... Knuckles couldn't help but noticed that Sonic was working too hard... during those days he sees Sonic working without stopping he hasn't used his speed he kept quiet and wouldn't rest... about the afternoon Knuckles tried to reason him to stop but Sonic couldn't even stop working not even one second. he can hear Sonic panting while speaking to himself, I...I...I can't...let Tails down....if I don't get enough...*pant*...for Tails surgery he'll...*trails off as he pants and works more hard*...I...*pant*...I'll...*pant*...I will save you Tails...no...*pant*...no matter what....*panting heavily*... Knuckles thought, sheesh he's not getting any sleep....I noticed he hasn't eaten or drinking either...he just works to the bone...I...I should give it some time...and if Sonics still working without stopping...I'll haft to do something...Rouge has been avoiding me lately...and Sonic....*recalls that Sonic didn't joke at all when he came to the mansion..*...wait a minute...come to think of it he hasn't even made one snarky comments like he always does...he looked....nervous...what happened?...did...something awful happened?...if so then what?... looks at Sonic again he was in terrible shape... the blue hedgehog had sweat all over him... Sonic said to himself, I...I haft....to do...this... before going he he coulda sworn that there was blood in Sonics mouth... Erica and Evan spoke as Knuckles walked passed them....he stopped and heard them. Evan said, sis what are we gonna do?...Tails is...*trails off* I can't be certain he will make it by the time he gets the money for his surgery... Erica said, well I heard him say he won't rest until he's got the money for Tails surgery...but to me he's...he's killing himself...and I'm pretty sure that small dress the master gave him...is shrinking... Evan said, why is that? Erica said, because...he hasn't eaten and so you know what happens when they don't eat? Evan said; they get...skinny...and weak...before dying... Erica said, yeah...poor kid he blamed himself for what happened...when I visited the hospital to confirm it the nurse told me he....*trails off as she shook her head* we should probably tell... Evan said, no Erica...we can't...if we tell Sonic it will break his heart....Knuckles thought, oh my...Tails is...Sonic...he's doing this...for Tails?....why didn't we realize sooner?....then doubting that things will be alright he walks off to bed with a regretful expression.