10

Reaper couldn't believe his eyes when he flew over the LA military base. He could see human bodies littered throughout the base. It wasn't until he saw Psylocke struggling to fight a human that he decided to land. In one swift movement he rushed towards the human, grabbed a hold of his head, and smashed it not the ground. He kneeled next to the now dead human, slowly looked up at Psylocke, and gave him a smirk.

"Reaper?" Psylocke whispered out of shock.

However, the two of them couldn't embrace one another, there wasn't time. A few seconds later a group of humans were surrounding them. Reaper and Psylocke put their backs together, smiling as they talked to each other using their telepathic abilities.

What should we do? Reaper asked Psylocke.

If we keep our backs together, we can fight them as they come to us.

What about the human with the gun?

Kill him first.

Deal.

Quicker than the two of them had ever moved before, they rushed towards the human with the gun. Psylocke grabbed ahold of his shoulders as Reaper grabbed onto the sides of his head, tearing his head off his shoulders in seconds.

As they began to fight the other humans, Ash and Doc were struggling to kill the humans that seemed to come at them none stop. Just as they thought they were about to succeed, Doc found himself staring at Ash with horror in his eyes. They were standing only inches apart, close enough to feel each other breathes. However, their breathes grew shallow as a human stood behind Doc with a smile on his face, his hand tightly gripping onto a gun with enough power to not only shoot through Doc, but also Ash.

In seconds, the two of them collapsed onto the ground, the two of them struggling to breath before the human stood over Ash with a smile on his face. He held up his gun, placing the barrel against her forehead. When the human pulled the trigger, Shadow was running into the room. She stopped dead in her tracks as the sound of the gun echoed off the walls. Tears came to her eyes as she watched the human move away from Ash who was alive just seconds ago.

With her emotions put aside, she rushed towards the human as he held the barrel of his gun against Doc's head. Using her training in martial arts she brought the human down, snapping his neck satisfyingly. Her knee shoved into his back as she shoved his body against the ground, landing hard enough that she felt his spine snap underneath her knee. She looked up with tears in her eyes, her eyes stopping when she saw Doc rolling over and grabbing ahold of Ash who was no longer alive.

Shadow let out a loud scream. When she saw a human walk into the room, she quickly charged at him, quickly killing him. As she turned around to go to Doc, he shook his head. "Go," he softly said. "I'm not going to make it. The bullet had poison."

"No, I won't leave you," Shadow said through tears.

"Just go! Hurry and go help the others."

Tears streamed down Shadow's face as she nodded and slowly left the room. Doc slowly moved over to the door and watched Shadow until she disappeared around the corner. Before they had all agreed to teleport to the bases, he had asked Stone to make him a bomb, just in case. Now was the just in case.

"Hey! Humans, over here!" Doc yelled, gaining the attention of a large group of humans. They ran into the hallway and saw Doc smiling from the doorway of the room. As they rushed at him, he went back inside, hiding behind the door. When all the humans entered the room, he closed the door. The sound of the metal clicking made the humans turn around. Doc smiled as he held up the bomb.

"Thanks for making this easy," Doc exclaimed before pulling the cord on the bomb that Stone had told him would immediately activate it. Seconds later the bomb exploded. It would be impossible to go into the room and find Doc's remains. Ash and he were obliterated.

At the military base in Paris, Tempus moved through the buildings with Buck, using his ability of invisibility to silently kill humans. Neither of them had any idea that three corners away was Vortex struggling to hold onto life. All the humans he had fought were dead, their lifeless bodies on the floor of the room. However, Vortex hadn't ended the fight unscratched.

When Vortex finished fighting, he realized one of the humans had wounded the main artery in descending aorta, a place one of the humans had stabbed a knife through. He wasn't aware they had done it because he was stuck on adrenaline. But, when the realization hit him, he was dropping to his knees. He was losing blood quickly and he didn't know what to do.

Just as he was about to close his eyes as he grew tired, Tempus and Buck entered the room. Buck quickly rushed to Vortex, lifting him up and throwing him onto his back. "You're not going to die today! Not when I'm here. Tempus," Buck said.

"Yes?" Tempus exclaimed, still invisible.

"It's time to use your other ability. All of us need to get out of here."

Tempus nodded, grabbed ahold of Buck, and teleported them to four days into the future. They were at the farmhouse, no one else around. Tempus looked around, wondering if the reason any mutants weren't was because they had all died, or if it was because he was the one who had to get them.

"I need to go back for them," Tempus exclaimed.

Buck nodded, as he tore his shirt off and held it against Vortex's wound. Tempus traveled back to the Paris base, quickly rushing through the facilities to find the other mutants. Once he had them all gathered, all the live one's, he teleported them to the same place and time he had teleported Buck and Vortex. However, there was one problem. When they arrived, Buck had tears in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" Ira asked as he took a step forward.

Buck looked down at Vortex and lost control as he said, "Vortex didn't make it."