12

Silence filled the room the three of them stood in. They had been quiet for more than an hour and each of them were beginning to grow impatient.

"I thought you said you'd be able to use your ability to help us?" One of them said as they leaned against the wall.

Letting out a sigh, the one he was talking to rolled her eyes. "I can only give them the idea's; I can't actually make them do it."

"Yeah, well you said there was going to be a war."

"There was a war," she said through gritted teeth.

With a scoff, the one sitting on a chair shook her head. "Yeah, that lasted for how long? If we want to be the only ones left, we need to do this right."

"What's your idea?" The first one asked.

"Pale," she said quickly. "I think you should use your ability."

"You're joking!" She said with a laugh.

"Wait," the man said. "She might have something here."

"What do you mean?" Pale asked.

Shaking her head, the first girl said, "Red, think about it, if we release a plague on them, they'll be eradicated."

"It's not that easy, Black," Pale said with a sigh.

Letting out a sound of disbelief, Black shook her head again. "You've done it how many times before?"

"That was when we were trying to get the human population down. Now, there's barely any humans left. It's mostly mutants. My ability won't work on most of them."

"Then what do we do?" Black asked, running her fingers through his hair.

"I think we need to find White."

A laugh escaped past Black's lips as she thought of what Red had just said. "Do you hear yourself right now? He's been missing since that Reaper kid came along. You know how infatuated he was with him."

"But if he died, we would have known. That means he's out there somewhere."

After a short silence, Pale asked, "Then how do we find him?"

"I think we already have."

"What do you mean?"

Taking a deep breath in, Red looked between Pale and Black. "You know how the mutants got rid of the humans?" In unison, they nodded. "You can't tell me you didn't feel the familiar feeling of White."

"You don't mean..." Pale began before Black cut her off. "You think White is with them?"

"He might be."

"Then why can't we sense him?" Pale asked.

Shaking his head, Red looked at his shoes. "I don't know. He might be blocking us out."

"For hundreds of years?" Black asked.

"I don't know, but what I do know is that when those mutants did that ritual with the help of that Reaper boy, White was involved in it somehow."

For a few moments, the three of the tossed the idea, of White being with the other mutants, around inside their heads. Finally, Black spoke up. "I might have an idea, but we can't do anything yet."

"Why?"

"Because we need them at their weakest."

Pale nodded. "Which is when?"

"When they think they're safe."

Red let out a short laugh and asked, "And when will that be?"

Black slowly smiled as she sat down and leaned back. "When they think they're able to live normal lives again is when we start."