If You Stay With Me

When we got back to the house, Tom finally got some sleep.

I didn't.

I lay in bed, watching Tom. Wondering what he was dreaming about.

My thoughts drifted around, and I was restless.

It was as if there was a ticking time bomb inside my mind. Counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until I leave. I couldn't help feel like I was forgetting something.

I finally remembered what it was.

When I said goodbye to Kate, I reminded her of her angels, and all this time, packing away all our stuff, I forgot to visit our angels, for the last time, before it go.

I got up quietly, and tip-toed out of the house.

It was the early morning. Only 2 hours before we were leaving for the airport.

I drove to the cemetery and navigated my way to Tara's grave. Her first.

I knelt down, and touched my palm to the grave stone. I took a deep breath. And finally began to speak to her.

"Hey Tara. Well, I'm leaving. And Its really odd to me that I am. Everything I've known is here in this town. We grew up here, together, we bought that house, together. And its all going to be gone. I am being as positive as possible. And I love London. Its just, i don't want you to think i am leaving you behind, because I'm leaving town. Please, if you can hear me, Tara... I will never forget you. You are always going to be with me, just because I'm leaving here, doesn't mean I'm leaving you or Alexis, it just means I am starting fresh. Please, don't be mad at me, I love you with all my heart. I hope you know that."

I didn't realize that I was crying until I stopped speaking.

It was Alexis' turn.

I knelt down, to Alexis' grave, and immediately, tears came down like a faucet.

I sighed. "Why is this so hard?" talking to myself.

Then I looked back down to her headstone. I read the name across the rock 'Alexis Greene'

I closed my eyes and pictured her, standing right in front of me, waiting for me to say something.

I spoke. "Lex, You always pushed me to live. And to take chances. And that is exactly what I'm doing. And its so hard. But i'd like to think that, you and Tara are right next to me, leading me along. So I am doing this for you. I just ask you one thing in return, stay with me. Please stay by my side. I'll take this chance, if I know you are there if I fail. Pinky Promise?"

The cool breeze began to blow. I looked up to the trees, and watched as they swayed. I knew it was Alexis, giving me a sign, telling me she would be there for me. She was pinky promising me.

I wiped the tears from my face and kissed my necklace. Then I whispered. "Thank you, Lex."

"Wow, what a beautiful breeze." All of a sudden a voice came out of no where and surprised me.

It was Tom.

I stood up from Alexis' grave and looked at Tom. "How'd you know i'd be here?"

He grinned at me. "Because you are my wife, and because I know you like the back of my hand. You did everything you had to do, before we left, except come here, and see Tara and Alexis."

I smiled at him. He was right, he did know me really well.

He walked over to me and gently kissed my forehead. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

We were nose to nose as he looked me in the eyes. "Are you sure you are okay?"

I touched my hand to the side of his face. "I'm positive."

-

-

I opened the door to the house, the last time ever doing that. And grabbed the last of my belongings that were going to London.

Tom went in front of me, he was standing at the doorway of the house, waiting for me.

As I walked down the hallway, to the entrance of the house, flashbacks came flooding into my mind. All the times I slammed a door, all the times we sat in that living room and watched movies, all the meals I cooked in that kitchen. All the times I sat up all night, with Alexis and Tara, that one time I was in my room, when I got the call that Tara had died. And the other time when I fought with Alexis in our bathroom.

I would always have those memories. But they were no longer going to hold me back.

For once, I was leaving, and never looking back.

And I knew that my angels were leading me in the right direction.

-

-

Getting on the plane was easy. There was no one to say goodbye to. Everything I had was either already with me, or already gone.

As the plane rose up into the sky, Tom took my hand in his and held it tight. "We are finally doing this."

"Yes we are." I said with confidence.

I glanced out the window, at my home town. "I'm ready."

The next chapter will be Tom and Jess in London again!
Hope you like this part, I cried while writing it!
I can't thank you enough for reading my fanfics, I know I'm not a perfect writer, and it makes me so happy that you guys can actually read my stuff<3
Keep Voting and commenting:) Love you all! x.Ashley