The Unplanned

We had been walking along the river for about five minutes when I first saw Kalamaric in the distance. I pretended not to notice it. Not long after I first saw him, Siebez noticed.

"Hey, um,  Rosahbehl?" Siebez asked quietly.

"Whatcha need?" I asked him.

"What's that thing?" I turned to look back at him.

"What's what?" I questioned with my brow furrowed. Jiksora answered for him, or started to before Kalamaric shot his way towards us and landed 7 yards(or meters) away from where we stood. I turned to look at him slowly with my eyes wide.

"Um, don't run?" Then Kal roared at us,  covering us in his spit. "Kal! That's gross,  now I have to do laundry and you know I hate that!" I yelled at him telepathically. "Sorry." His voice boomed in my skull. 

I looked back to see Siebez cowering on the ground and Tenakdh trying to calm him. Jiksora stared at me intensely, almost like he knew I knew this dragon. I really hope he doesn't know. I looked back at Kal and slowly took a few steps back, careful to roll my foot back instead of stepping flatly, keeping me from possibly falling.

Only when I saw Jiksora in my periphial vision did I stop walking. I glanced towards him to find him turned to look at me. I decided to ignore him for now. Instead watching Kal intently. "I don't know what to do about this situation." I said quietly.

"You don't?" Jiksora asked with an accusatory tone. "Are you sure this isn't a plan of yours?"

I kept my facial features schooled into a slight frown,  as it had been since I first saw him watching me. "No,  I don't, and if I wanted you dead, I would've killed Tenakdh by the river and thrown Siebez in. Yeah, I know he can't swim. Then I would've fought you to the death, for the rest to take care of. So relax a little." I replied in an even tone.

"Who's the rest? Did you lie when you said that you live alone?"

Might as well tell the truth now that's they're close to the brink of death anyway. Kal let loose another roar and swished his tail lazily. "Only partially. You see, I live with this dragon. I don't know if you know anything about this,  but the last humans who entered these mountains, never left. Because of all the other dragons. They killed every single human who entered that day. And if I died and wasn't sucessful in killing you then the dragons would've finished you off for me." I almost yelled. Suddenly I was in a choke hold.

"You little bitch! You planned this whole thing didn't you?!" Jiksora yelled in my ear and I winced. I didn't try fighting him knowing it wouldn't do any good and I could still breathe fine.

"Only a little. And it'd be appreciated if you wouldn't call me that. Thanks."

"I'll call you whatever I want. And guess what? You're our hostage now. To get us the hell out of here. Your dragon friend wouldn't dare eat us if he would end up eating you too."

"So you think, foolish human." Kal's voice thundered out. Jiksora's grip loosened around my neck,  at least enough for me to easily wiggle out. He was staring with his eyes wide up at Kalamaric. I stepped a few feet away.

"You'd eat your friend to kill us and keep us from leaving?!" He yelled towards Kal.

"Of course I would. It keeps our secret safe. Again, only a foolish human would think that way."

"Damn dragons are crazy."

"No, we have priorities, and one of ours here, is keeping the humans from finding us,  as the last time,  we were few in number and almost went exstinct here."

"Oh..." was all Jiksora could manage. "Well, we'll be taking your friend,  wether you eat us or not is your decision." Then I was over his shoulder and he was pulling Siebez onto his other one, with Tenakdh following. This guy is really fast considering how big he is.

He just kept following the river back the way we'd come, probably planning on following the tracks. Kal didn't move from his spot and just watched me go,  only because I told him to stay and to not eat me. Upon which, I found he had no thought of doing so. He just said it to try to save me. Which clearly didn't work out so well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Sorry for not posting so long,  but I finally did and it's summer, meaning I might post more than one chapter a week. If anyone wants to suggest things to me or have their work featured in mine,  just message me and let me know. Hope you've enjoyed the story so far! ~The Deathe Reaper