By the River

I continue leading them through the forest. There's no way I'm actually taking them to where Kalamaric and I live, but maybe kind of close. I almost forgot, I can warn him and we meet somewhere else where we can take care of these humans. "Kal, I need you to meet me at the river close to our cave. It's urgent." I told my dragon friend using telepathy, his not mine. He just keeps the line open so we can talk freely when I'm hunting. In case I need his help with something. "I'll be there soon." came his deep, dark voice in my head.

"Hey um, do you think that you could maybe tell us your name, and we'll tell you ours?" One of them questioned from behind me. I stopped and turned around to address them.

"Why do you need to know my name?"

"I don't, just thought it would be a way to make it not so tense." the one on my left replied unsteadily.

"Tell me all of yours' first." I replied coldly.

"Well, I'm Tenakdh (ten-oct), he's Jiksora (jick-[rhymes with sick] sore-uh)," He said pointing to the man next to him. "and he's Siebez (sigh-bez)." He finished pointing at the other guy.

"I'm Rosahbehl. Nice to meet you Tenakdh, Jiksora, and Siebez." I gave a small smile, turned on my heel, and started walking again. "We're close to a river, then we're going to follow it a little ways, before we walk across."

"Wait, we have to cross a river? I don't..." Siebez, the smallest of them replied.

"Don't worry, where we're crossing it's more like a creek. You'll be fine." I should warn Kal that I'll be acting afraid of him. "Hey um, Kal, I'm going to have to act like I'm afraid of you, so I'm sorry." I apologized to the dragon. "Don't worry about it." came his dark voice. I smiled and began looking forward to being rid of these idiots.

"Stop." Jiksora's voice rang out commandingly. I stopped and turned around to see what the problem was, and almost ran into a broad chest. I took a few steps back to see Jiksora's angry face staring at me.

"What is it?"

"What are you planning?"

"Well, I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to eat tonight and figure out where I'm putting you three. Got a problem with that?" I replied glaring at him coldly. He looked me up and down and seemed satisfied with my answer.

"Continue taking us there then." I smiled back coldly and continued walking. After a while we made it to the river without an incident. I stopped and grabbed my cantine, made of a waterproof sac that Kal made for me, which was dangling on my hip. It had gone empty while I was hunting and I needed to refill it. I squatted down at the edge of the river and waited for it to fill. We were pretty close to where the river came out of the mountain, I could hear the small waterfall, that I'd been to many times.

Tenakdh evidently needed to refill his as well because he came to join me by the river and started to fill his as well. It was metal though, probably not very healthy, but I stayed quiet. "Sorry about earlier, you probably don't talk to many people do you? That's probably why you seem odd to Jiksora."

"You're right, I don't talk to many people, but that's probably not the only reason why I seem odd." I replied gesturing at my hair and eyes. I stood, took a drink of the water in my cantine and clipped it back onto my hip. I looked around for the other two but didn't find them. "Where did they go?" I questioned.

"Oh um, they uh, had to go take a leak." Tenakdh responded uncomfortably. I nodded.

Gives me a chance to talk to Kal. "Hey, do you think you could come up closer to the waterfall?" I asked him. "I guess, nothing's happening down here anyway." his dark voice boomed in my head, and I winced a little. Tenakdh took notice of this because he asked if I was alright.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just my stomach telling me it needs food." I partially lied.

"I understand that." He replied looking across the water. The other guys came back out from the woods and we started walking alongside the river. It wasn't long before Kalamaric found us, or we found him, I guess.