CHAPTER XIII

Dedicated to @ClarenceCasas

Thanks for always reading this story even as a silent reader at first. ❤️

[ Polo POV ]

It's been a week when my mother and grandfather caught me and Kit in a very compromising situation and since then she never bothered to look at me in the eye. Oo nga at inaasikaso at kinakausap nya pa din ako pero ramdam kong umiiwas sya sa akin. I know that she was really embarrassed dahil dun pero hindi naman yata makatarungan na isnabin ako, di ba? What's the big deal when we never really did 'it'?

Katulad ngayon pagkagaling namin sa trabaho ay dumiretso sya sa kuwarto nya at alam kong lalabas lang sya kung kailan maghahanda na sa lulutuin nyang hapunan. I can't take this anymore! I am used to ignoring people and not the other way around. Kinatok ko sya sa kwarto nya. "Kit, can we talk?"

"What do you want? Wala ako sa mood makipag-usap sa ngayon." Sagot nya sa akin.

"If you don't open this damn door then I would open it myself using the master key." I threatened her. Kailangan na namin mag-usap hindi ako sanay na hindi nya ako tinitignan at nginingitian. Her ignoring is starting to irritate the hell out of me already!

There was a moment of silence before I heard her footsteps walking towards the door. Binuksan nya ang pinto ng bahagya at sinungaw ang ulo nya. "Okay, ano ang sasabihin mo?" Sabi nyang hindi nakatingin sa akin.

Hinawakan ko ang doorknob at nagpumilit na pumasok ng kuwarto nya. Nang makapasok ako ay umatras sya. "What the hell is your problem with me?" Inis na tanong ko sa kanya.

"A-ano ba ang pinagsasasabi mo dyan? W-wala naman akong problema sa iyo ah." Umatras na sya muli dahil lumakad ako palapit sa kanya.

"Kit, if this is about what happened last week forget it, okay? We don't have to think that it ever happened, if it's going to give you a peace of mind." I told her sincerely. I am not dumb not to figure out kung ano ang dahilan ng pang-iisnab nya sa akin sa nakalipas na linggo.

"Nahihiya kasi ako sa iyo, kay lolo at kay mama." Amin nya.

"You don't have to feel embarrassed about it, okay? It was a mistake on my part, it was my fault that I took advantage of you when I shouldn't have in the first place." I sighed.

Umiling sya. "No, I knew better. I'm sorry. I don't know what was going through my mind at that time, Polo. I know that it could complicate the deal." She paused and look at me with uncertain eyes. It was the first time that she look at me after that incident. "Uhmm, you're right it was a mistake or a spur of the moment thing so let's forget it." She said and gave me a small smile. Small as it may seem but I missed that smile from her lovely lips.

I stepped closer towards her, grab her hand and guide her to bed to sit. "Yeah, let's just forget about it kaya huwag mo na akong iisnabin ha? Hindi ako sanay eh." She nodded her head then faced me.

"Polo, ang totoo bukod sa pagkapahiya ay may isa pang dahilan kung bakit ako umiiwas sa iyo." Pagtatapat nya.

"What could that be?" I asked curiously.

"It really bothered me that you might think that I am an easy lay or that I was purposely trying to you know... pikutin ka." Sabi nyang namumula ang mukha at ibinaba ang tingin sa lap nya.

I smiled widely, buti na lang at hindi nya nakita yun dahil nakayuko sya. Naisip kong tuksuhin sya. "Ang totoo nyan naisip ko ngang kasabwat ka nila lolo at mama nun. Did you three planned that?"