Chapter 8: Party

Starlight trotted up the stairs leading to the giant double doors and pushed them open as she gestured Fluttershy to go inside. The party was already going, dubstep blasting and bottles of cider laying everywhere. For a 100th Wonderbolts training session celebration, this was a wild party. There was at least 50 ponies in here, but it was true that Rainbow's popularity was well known among Equestria.

"Good luck." Starlight boldly said.

"Thanks..." Fluttershy looked around for Rainbow, then meekly walked in and headed straight to a corner where nopony could bump into her. Then Rainbow swooped in and hugged Fluttershy, making her jump but feel warm.

"What's up, Fluttershy! I didn't know you were gonna be here!" Rainbow said. "Thanks for comin'!" Rainbow also had a dress on, blue with fluffy clouds on the edges. Her dress didn't hide her front, unlike Fluttershy's. Probably for flight purposes.

Fluttershy couldn't help but smile. "No problem...! Uh... do you have a moment?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Well..." Fluttershy began.

"Actually... I'll be right back..." Rainbow said, looking towards the stage. "Stay here."

Rainbow zoomed to the stage and talked with the pony behind the turntable and speakers, known as Dj Pon3. Fluttershy didn't know her very well, but she wasn't bad. Rainbow zoomed back and lead Fluttershy to a small crystal bench to sit down.

"Did you know..." Rainbow came to a whisper. "That I like Vinyl Scratch?"

Fluttershy was confused. "W-who's that?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, hehe, it's Dj Pon3. That's her stage name, but her real name is Vinyl."

Fluttershy heart sank. "Of course this had to happen." she thought.

"Anyways... sorry. What were you going to tell me?" Rainbow asked.

"It was nothing..." Fluttershy mumbled.

"Are you sure?"

"C'mon, Fluttershy! This is your chance!" She told herself.

"Ireallylikeyouandiwashopingyoulikedmetoo!" Fluttershy said really fast, her face flushed with red. Now it wasn't to end of her feelings for Rainbow, like Starlight said. Rather, it was now a fight for Rainbow's attention, after discovering Rainbow preferred Dj Pon3.

"W-what?" Rainbow said, furiously blushing. "W-what do you..."

Fluttershy took a deep breath, still covering her face with her mane. "I-I've like you for quite a while... and... and..." Fluttershy couldn't finish her sentence from all the shame and embarrassment she was feeling.

"Uh... Fluttershy? I'll be right back, I need to use the restroom." Rainbow hastily said as she zoomed away, leaving Fluttershy by herself.

Rainbow sped down the long, empty halls and quickly entered the restroom, sweating and heavily breathing. She locked the door and leaned against the wall.

"What should I do... what should I do?" Rainbow worried. She looked into the mirror. "Fluttershy really likes me... Oh, I know! I'll just tell her I like her too...!" Rainbow's head fell down with self disappointment. "I literally just told her who I actually like... ugh... I have to stop with these lies."

All of a sudden, a knock came from the other side of the door.

"Hello? Anypony in there?" a high pitched voice said. It was Pinkie Pie.

"I can't stay in here forever." Rainbow got up and opened the door.

"Hi, Rainbow! How are you?" Pinkie eagerly said.