Chapter 12: Dreams

I was glad to go to bed. I had such a long day.

"Night Nico." I said tiredly.

"Night." He replied. We had decided to start again, and to try not to argue. My head hit the pillow and I fell asleep instantly. But unfortunately, dreams greeted me.

You might think that dreams are really pleasant things. Like, flying or being in a world of chocolate. But my dreams were awful.

I was standing in a room full of mirrors. A small ornate box was in the corner of the room. Percy and Maya were trying to get to it. But I couldn't move. A figure swooped down and bit my wrist. I screamed out in pain. I felt like poison was searing through my body. My vision was black with pain.

"Natalya!" I woke up, Nico shaking me, yelling my name. I was drenched with sweat.

"Oh my gods. Oh my gods. That felt so real. The pain..." I trailed off as I paced the cabin. I walked outside. It was dawn. I snapped my fingers to change into sneakers, black exercise pants and a singlet top. Nico came out and stood by me.

"The pain?" He asked me. I shook my head, telling him not to ask. He understood. Chiron galloped over to us.

"Up so early?" He asked us as he reached the porch. I shrugged.

"Dreams." Nico said to Chiron.

"Ah. Now, have you decided who you will take on your quest?" Chiron asked.

"Yes. Maya and Percy will come with me." I replied.

"Good. You will need to start packing today. You'll leave tomorrow morning." Chiron said. I nodded. He trotted away.

"Quest?" Nico asked. I said nothing. The conch horn sounded, signalling breakfast. We walked to the dining pavilion and sat down at the Hades table. Bacon and eggs appeared on my plate. Nico had three grapes on his plate.

"Really?" I asked him.

"What?"

"You need to eat more."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do." I grabbed his plate and scrambled eggs were on his plate. I put it in front of him. I got up and scraped two pieces of bacon into the fire.

"Zeus and Hades." I murmured. I went and sat back down and ate.