Chapter 16: Off on a Quest

I rolled over and looked at my clock. It was 7:27. I went to go back to sleep but then remembered.

"SEVEN TWENTY SEVEN! I NEED TO BE AT HALF BLOOD HILL IN THREE MINUTES!" I yelled. I leapt out of bed, only to trip over my bag. Cursing in Greek, I ran into the bathroom and had a quick shower before snapping my fingers to get into some shorts and a t-shirt with a pair converse shoes. I tided up my hair and brushed my teeth. I grabbed my bag and sprinted out of the cabin, only to be greeted with snickers from behind a bush. I shadow travelled behind the bush and grabbed the two Stoll brothers by their ears.

"Now," I hissed. "Has anyone taught you a lesson for pranking people?" I asked. They shook their heads. I zapped them both before letting them go. I shadow travelled back to my cabin to check my watch.

"It's only 6:45." I groaned, slumping on to my bed. I put my watch on and waited. And waited. And wai- oh for Hades sake, I was already bored. There was nothing to do so I grabbed my bag and headed to Thalia's tree. Percy was already there and I could see Maya leaving the Apollo cabin. I started to walk up the hill.

"Hey Natalya." Percy said as I sat next to him.

"Hey Perce." I replied.

"Do you have a nickname that I could use?" He asked suddenly.

"I have heaps of nicknames. Nat, Talia and Nutella are the most common ones." I replied.

"I'll call you Talia." He decided as Maya slumped down next to us.

"Morning." She yawned.

"I thought children of Apollo were meant to be morning people." Percy said.

"Everyone but me." Maya muttered. I frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone else likes the sun. I don't. Everyone can speak fluent Greek. I can't. Everyone plays a musical instrument. I don't." She said.

"But Maya, you'll learn how to speak Greek. And it's a good thing that you're different from your siblings." I tried to reason with her, but she shook her head.

"That's what Dad tried to tell me." She muttered.

"Wait." Percy said, turning to face Maya. "Apollo spoke to you."

"Yeah. He popped in a few minutes ago. He left when he heard someone screaming about it being seven twenty seven or something." My face went beet root red as she finished saying that.

"Guilty." I said. They looked at me.

"Guilty?" Percy asked.

"Well the Stoll brothers decided to prank me." I explained. At that moment, Chiron galloped over to us.

"Goodbye Maya." He began, pulling her into a hug. "Stay safe. Keep your bow and arrows with you." She nodded.

"Percy." Chiron said, placing his hand on Percy's shoulder. "Try not to become a fugitive." Percy glanced at the ground. I wondered why. At that moment, a bus pulled up. Percy and Maya ran down the hill and waited by the bus.

"Natalya. You are a very special young lady. The daughter of two gods? Blessed by the twelve Olympians? Very special." Chiron said. I nodded.

"See you soon Chiron." I smiled.

"Good luck Natalya." He replied. I ran down the hill and got on the bus. Time to start our quest!