Chapter 2: Wait... What? Demigods?

"We are not enimies, if that's what you're thinking." The boy dressed in black said cautiously.

"Names." I demanded.

"Okay, fine. I'm Percy Jackson and this is Nico di Angleo." Said the boy with the sea green eyes.

"I'm Maya Keast and this is my friend-"

"Natalya Trombitas." I said, cutting her off. I can introduce myself!

There was a bit of an awkward silence.

"So, why are you here?" Maya asked, breaking the tention. She was able to do that so easily!

"Look, we don't want to hurt you, but we've come to take you to a safe place." Percy said.

"You're demigods. One of your parents are one of the Greek gods." Nico stated. I turned and walked towards the window. Percy followed me and put a hand on my shoulder.

"You okay?" He asked. I shook my head because honestly, I wasn't okay. I had never known my dad. Apparently he had died in a plane crash, and my mum was usually quite stressed because of all the work that she had to do because she doesn't have a husband to support her. I was boarding here, and most kids made fun of me because I had to room alone. Maya would stay late at the boarding house so that we could attempt to work through our homework together, and ocassionally she would stay the weekend. I didn't realise that tears were running down my cheeks until Percy pulled me into a hug, telling me that everything would be okay. Nothing was okay. If I decided to actually go to this 'safe place', it would mean that I would have to leave my mother. I couldn't do that to her. My dad left her, and now I was going to leave her. It just wasn't fair.

"Nico, head out to the van. Tell Argus that I'm coming." Percy said to Nico. I heard the door close. I dried my eyes on my sleeve.

"Sorry. I just..." I trailed off.

"You sure you okay? You can always talk to me about it." Percy said. I smiled at him.

"I need to go to the boarding house. Would you mind coming?" I asked him. He nodded. I led him through the hallways of the school until I reached the boarding house. We walked in and I grabbed my room key out of my bag. I shoved the key in the lock and unlocked the door. I threw my bag onto the floor and I grabbed my suitcase from my wardrobe. I emptied out my drawers and managed to pack everything into my bag. All of this was done in about five minutes. I grabbed my school bag and shoved all of my books into it. I had dropped the Cambridge Latin Course book onto the ground by accident and Percy and I banged our heads together as we tried to pick it up. I laughed. 

"Ready to go?" Percy asked as I shoved the last book into my bag. I nodded and we left.