Chapter 13: Training

After breakfast I headed to the arena. I thought that I could practice my fighting skills before I went on my quest. Maya was there, hacking at a dummy. Percy was there, pouring a bottle of water over his head. I snuck up behind Maya.

"Boo!" I whispered in her ear. She dropped her sword and turned around. I burst our laughing.

"Holy Hera Natalya! Don't sneak up on me like that! When did you learn to be that quiet?" She asked, slowly recovering from fright.

"Gift from Hermes!" I exclaimed. "We never got to sword fight yesterday. Shall we give it a go?" I asked. A girl entered the arena. I think her name was Annabeth.

"Maya!" She called out.

"Hey Annabeth!" Maya called back.

"Hey, why don't you spar with Annabeth and I can spar with Percy." I suggested. Maya nodded. She walked over to Annabeth and drew her sword.

"Percy!" I called out. He smiled and walked over to me. I grabbed my hair clip. He pulled his pen out of his pocket.

"You're going down kelp head!" I said as we got into our fighting position.

"We'll see about that shadow girl." He replied.

"Shadow girl? Really?" I asked. He shrugged. I swung at his face and he ducked, just in

time. He swung at my stomach, but I blocked him and disarmed him. I pointed my sword at his throat.

"I win." I said. He nodded.

"Aren't you tired?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I do Rhythmic Gymnastics. I train about twenty five hours a week." I explained. His jaw dropped.

"Twenty five hours a week!" He shouted. I nodded slowly. I looked over to where Annabeth and Maya had been fighting. Annabeth was on the ground, weaponless, with Maya's sword at her throat.

"Maya!" I called. She glanced up.

"Yeah?"

"We need to pack." I said. She nodded and helped Annabeth up. We started walking to the cabins.

"See you guys later!" I said as we went our separate ways.