Chapter 1: Not a Normal Teacher

I looked up at the board in the English classroom. Miss Parkerson was explaining the criteria for our Drama assignment.

"Now girls," she said in her drawl. "This project is worth thirty percent of your grade."

"When is it due Miss?" Sophie asked. I had started writing what Miss Parkerson had written on the board.

"The first day of next term." She said. Everyone groaned. Taylor put her hand up. Maya tapped me on the shoulder.

"You do realise that you're writing in Greek again don't you Natalya?" She muttered to me. I groaned and put my head on the desk. I had a really bad habit of writing in Greek or Latin instead of English.

"Miss, some of us are going away in the holidays." Taylor said when Miss Parkerson continued to ignore her hand.

"Well too bad!" She snapped at Taylor.

RING! Finally the bell rang!

I packed up quickly. Maya was still putting her stuff in her bag. Everyone had left. I didn't like the way Miss Parkerson was glaring at me. Her expression screamed: DANGER! I WANT TO KILL YOU! I grabbed Maya's arm and dragged her to the door. Too late. Miss Parkerson stood in front of the door.

"Where do you think you are going?" She snarled.

"To the moon." I said sarcastically. Miss Parkerson looked confused. I tried to shove past her. She scratched my face with her talons. Wait, talons? I hissed in pain while I kicked her in the stomach.

The door burst open. Two boys entered the room holding swords.

Maya was slammed into the wall by the demon thingy that used to be our English teacher.

"Αυτό είναι πολύ κακό!" One of them screamed. I understood it perfectly: "This is very bad".

"Percy! Heal her!" the other boy snapped. I panicked as Miss Parkerson charged at me. The ground started to crack slightly and electricity flew off my arms and hit Miss Parkerson square in the chest.

"NO! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS YOU STUPID DEMIGOD!" she screamed before evaporating into gold dust. I started pacing the length of the classroom. I kept muttering to myself. I heard Maya groan. I rushed over to her.

"Thank the gods that you're okay." I said, pulling her into a hug. She sat up and looked around. I stood up and she held her arms out for me to help her up. I laughed to myself. Maya never gets up without someone helping her.

"Now," I said, turning to face the two boys. "Who are you and what do you want?"