Chapter 7-settling down

When we reached the main hall, everybody were looking at us, we were really late, mr.jimmy hilson looked like he was upset and he looked real mad.

We quietly went and sat down at the back.

After everyone finished giving their speeches, and the welcome party finished, Lisa came to our table(mine, Riya's and Brooke's)grabbed my hand and told me to come aside, she apologized for forgetting me. I told her it was fine, because of her, I made such good friends, so I thanked her, she laughed.

After everything was done, me, Lisa and Alice went to our dorm block, it looked so fancy, our block, especially the reception, she told us to sit on the sofa at the reception and wait so that Lisa would go and get the keys for our duplex flat and all the other things we require, we lived in the 9th floor, the second last. Each floor had only two blocks but there were a lot of blocks and we lived in the most fanciest and expensive one, flames. The worst one is sapphire. I heard that there is a block called demonic, it was originally named prestige but it's name got changed after a couple of paranormal activities started taking place, whoever live there will have to be really careful, some students used to live there thinking that they'll be strong enough to handle but after the death of two students, Joseph and Michael, they abandoned the block and they don't allow the first years and second years to even go near the block or roam in the park near it.

After Lisa returned with the keys, she told us that this girl called riya was gonna live with us too and Alice is gonna be mentoring her because her sister is mentoring somebody else, I was screaming in happiness!

When riya came with her luggage, I hugged her and she was really happy too. We got into the lift. When we reached our floor, we saw Brooke she said she lives in the seventh floor with her mentor, Alex and his roommate Lucas and Lucas mentors this girl called Hana, it seems she's from Tokyo Japan but speaks fine English. We went to our room, when Lisa opened the door, me and riya were screaming in excitement, it looked so huge and luxurious, Lisa told us that there are four bedrooms, two downstairs and two upstairs, she told us that she and Alice sleep in the master bedroom downstairs, and we can sleep in the master bedroom, upstairs. And the other bedroom is a guest bedroom and the other one won't be of any use, so they are using it as a storage room, we asked them why they didn't change it into a gym or a spa or a media room, they said that they have a spa room with a jacuzzi in it upstairs and they also have a mini pool in the balcony and they said that they have a gym, which is also upstairs and a media room which is downstairs. We were extra happy now, I was literally jumping, I asked her how she could afford this much, she said her mom put a lot of money into her bank account plus she's been saving so..

Me and riya ran upstairs to our room, and when we opened the door, we were elated, it was beautifully furnished and Alice said we could also decorate it however we want to because it's our room now. We were so happy.

Our room was huge, it had two study desks, one huge king size bed that looked amazing, two fans and one AC, it was fully carpeted, it had two huge wardrobes for both of us and also one small but cozy walk-in closet, two cozy couches and a massage chair with a forty-five inch plasma tv, it also had a mini microwave and two huge bookshelves, and a dressing room with a door right beside the bathroom with some more storage space, and display space we also had cabinets and a small coffee table with chairs in our room, and the bathroom had a closed shower space with a music system and also a round tub and a sink and a toilet of course, it also had two mini fans and a chandelier!!
The dressing space/room outside the bathroom was spacious, it had a chair, a dressing table, a fan, a huge mirror and cupboards.oh and our room also had a balcony with a beautiful view and it had a mini jacuzzi and a table and 4 chairs with some magazines on it and coffee powder, we also had a coffee maker.
It looked like we were living in an ultra luxury n ultra modern five star hotel more than a flat!

But we were also kinda scared and sad that we Might not get to stay here, because you can only stay and attend classes if you pass the test, the test was being conducted in a week from then. They gave us two days to relax, settle down, shop and have fun and the rest to prepare for the test.

The campus had three libraries in total, the first one was the main one, it was huge, and had three floors, it even had a lift, everybody were welcome there, there are thousands of books, easily more.

The second one was medium sized, everyone were welcome there too, but only if you pass the test, it looked really modern and had a lot of study desks and places for laptops, but not all books are available here.

The third one required membership, it was small compared to the other too, but the collection of books is amazing and has a huge impact on tests.it was only one floor.but had really good but medium amount of books, it's the most cleanest because not many students go there because of the pricing, it has the quietest environment, it has a small cafe inside, for coffee, and some other snacks to munch on, washrooms, and tables,chairs and plug points for laptops everywhere, each person get their private place in the third library, people who are really serious or are working on an assignment/project with groups or have a huge test coming up generally go there.

After the first two days of relaxation and fun and getting to know everyone, we went to the third library to study, Alice and Lisa had membership so ya, we were lucky!

The third library probably had the best collection of books, we ordered some coffee and sandwiches and scotch pie at the mini cafe in the library, took out our MacBooks and started studying and we also needed to prepare a PowerPoint presentation on our understanding of spirituality.
It was also the calmest, when we went, there were only 14 people there(including us)everybody were sitting on their tables, studying, most of them were 5th graders.the library felt empty because there were only 14 people in it, it wasn't even that small!