Date Set-up 101!

Ryland's POV...

I was sat in the backyard with my deck and computer, it was a hot day I don't even know how hot it was but it was that hot I was just in my shorts, I was randomly remixing Do You Wanna Build A Snowman from Frozen just for the irony of it.

"no I don't want to build a snowman there is no snow" I hear from behind me so I pause the song and turn around and see Riker stood there I laugh "well we could build a waterman" I said pointing to the pool "narr I don't he'd last long" Riker said I nod and laugh "we could build a paper towel man" Ross said popping out from behind Riker, I laughed "we have enough paper towels" I said and they all bursted out laughing, cause it was true mom constantly brought paper towels but we rarely used them, except today as we were having a BBQ.

Dad was setting up the BBQ, and by setting up I mean trying to figure out what did what and how you used it "Rocky come help me do this stupid thing" my dad yelled, we all laughed again, he was smart and stuff but at BBQ's he was useless "did you get your work done Ryland?" dad asked "yeah I did it last night, well I say I did it..." I started to answer this question but he cut me off "so you didn't do it" he said looking at me disappointed, I looked at him "if you let me finish I did the whole booklet but I wrote anything cause I had no idea what I was doing, so it's all in pencil not in pen" I say and stick my tongue out at him.

"do you want me to help you?" Riker asks me, "errr if you want but we will do it later after everyone goes home after the BBQ" I say smiling this was going to be awkward so I hope someone stays with us in the room, Riker nods and walks off "people are here" mom announces and then comes out to show everyone where it will be 'held' I roll my eyes and mess on with my decks again "Ryland would you stop messing around with that thing and put it away" she said "mom you need music at BBQ's that all I am doing plus not everyone is here so I'm just playing around with it for now" I say with her with the cutest little grin I could and my puppy dog eyes that she fell for each time.

Mom walks over to me "Ryland Gabrielle is coming to the party one first date" mom says to me and I look at her "who's that?" I ask confused "Gabrielle is Phillipa's daughter, you know Phillipa who lives over the road....likes to be called Pip or Pippy" she explains she must have seen the confused on my face so she had to explain who she was I nod "oh Pipster" I say and mom gives me a stern look and I give her an apologitic one "yes Pip well her daughter Gabrielle well step-daughter has just moved in with her and she is a year younger than you I think I'm not sure but I have set you up on a date, so this is your first date be nice" she says and walks away.

Great, I have to go on a date with a complete stranger, what if she is a physcho killer or something, I mess on with my decks a bit longer before more people come so I move them out the way and just play the playlist I set, I just put the song in that the fans seemed to enjoy more and a few of the song that I'm in love with, I walk over to dad "did mom tell you about Gabrielle?" he asks me as I had a burger I nod "how long have you known for?" I ask with my mouth full "don't let your mom see you don't that mister I've only for a day or two" dad says he really doesn't care, he obviously cares about our well being but he was very laid back and cool that's what I love about my dad, I nod and chew my burger.

I see a girl walk in and see catches my eye straight away she is gorgeous, she has long dark brown if not black hair and she is tall god I have a type "please be Gabrielle" I say quietly to myself looking up and closing my eyes "what?" dad says looking at me and I turn to him "nothing dad do you know what she looks like?" I ask him trying to act casual "what Gabrielle?" I asks and I nod, he shakes his head "no idea your mom does I think" he says I sigh and just hope that smoking hot girl is her, I grab Ross as he is passing "dude see her" I say a gesture to the girl not being obvious, we were good at being sly when talking about girls, he nods "could you ask her name casually?" I ask him and he nods and goes over.