X

With the sun down, making her way back through the forest was difficult for Icee.

"This will be difficult" Icee sighed.

"Azu-Rill" Azurill nodded. Continuing past the trees, it became obvious they would end up camping out there in the forest.

"I wonder if Lily and Marcus will come looking for us" Icee said, then remembering what had happened just before she ran off to catch Bulbasaur. "That's right, why would they come looking for a jerk like me". Azurill, noticing the sadness in her voice rubbed his head against her reassuringly.

"Azu". From atop a nearby tree something had come down to join them. As it neared, the shadowy shape had turned out to be Pidgey.

"Hey, it's Marcus's Pidgey" Icee said in surprise, rubbing the little bird pokemon's head.

"Pidg Pidg" Pidgey tweeted in delight. Two more figures appeared not far behind, frightening Azurill as he came running back into Icee's bag. They moved forward, revealing themselves to be none other than Marcus and Lily, Riolu and Persian not far behind.

"Hey, Pidgey, looks like you found them!" Marcus congradulated.

"Oh hey, it's you guys!" Icee said happily.

"You make it seem like we'd never come back for you" Marcus said, Pidgey flying over to perch on his shoulder.

"I just meant..after what I said to you earlier I figured you wouldn't want to look for me" Icee said sadly. Marcus laughed a little, which caught her off guard.

"You must have forgotten!" he laughed. "Nothing can bring me down, not even something like that!"

"I guess not" Icee stated, frustrated.

"Besides" Marcus began, calming down. "It's not like I'd stop being your friend or something"

"Well then, I guess I had nothing to worry about" Icee said angrily.

"You guys; when will you learn to talk nicely to each other" Lily sighed.

"Per, Persian" Persian said, shaking his head. Ready to have an argument, Icee felt a tug at her leg. She looked down at Azurill, who looked back up at her with tired eyes.

"Hey guys?" Icee asked.

"What?"

"Where are we going to sleep tonight?". They all stopped, dumbstruck.

"Oh man". Marcus put his palm to his face, Riolu doing the same.

"I guess we'll have to camp out" Lily said sadly, and they all sighed. Setting up camp was a real hassle, but they had still managed to make it happen. Now finished, they all sat around an empty fire pit.

"Too bad we don't have a fire" Icee said sadly, holding her sides as she was cold.

"Wait, I have an idea". Lily reached into her bag, taking out a pokeball and sending the pokemon out.

"Char-Char". It was a Charmander, and to the appreciation of everyone used it's feiry tail to light the fire pit.

"Good work, Charmander" Lily congradulated, patting the pokemon on the head to it's delight. "Charmander doesn't usually listen, so I don't let him out often"

"Hey wait, Marcus let Squirtle out!" Icee said, taking out a pokeball of her own.

"But why?"

"Just do it!". Marcus, confused, took out Squirtle's pokeball and let the excited pokemon out.

"Now look everyone" Icee said happily, and, quite excitedly, threw her pokeball in the air and let Bulbasaur out. "Check it out, the three starter pokemon are all here!"