VIII

Icee walked ahead as the group made their way through Pewter City.

"How much longer until we get out of here?" Lily panted; they had been walking around the city since the battle, which was over 3 hours ago. Azurill had given up a while ago, and was dozing off in Icee's bag.

"Do you even know where you're going?" Marcus heaved, trying not to give in to his tired body. 

"Of course I know where I'm going, and if you hadn't disappeared and gone sightseeing yourself you wouldn't be so tired!" Icee grunted, stopping between two roads. She looked around a few times, then dropped her head. "I have no idea where we are".

"Hah, I knew it!" Marcus boasted, sitting next to Lily on a nearby bench. Riolu and Persian both dropped at their feet, both panting heavily. 

"You know, I was in a gym battle and believe me I'm just as tired as Marcus" Lily sighed. 

"Alright, I guess we'll have to take a break" Icee sat down between them, starting to feel tired herself. "It's hot out here too, that's probably why we're all so tired"

"I'd have to agree with you there" Marcus sighed, getting up. 

"Where are you going?" Lily asked curiously.

"Nowhere, I'm just gonna give you more room" 

"Thanks, now Riolu and Persian can sit down comfortably". The two pokemon looked up, climbing onto the bench and sitting down next to Icee.

"So, after everyone's ready, maybe we should head onto Route 3" Marcus leaned against the wall behind them.

"It sounds good and all, but how are we going to get there if we can't figure out how to get out of Pewter City?" Lily said. Marcus looked up, trying to think of something.

"Then I guess we'll just have to figure it out" he began walking away, stopping before he went too far. "I'll be right back". Icee looked on curiously as he disappeared around the corner.

"Why does he always have to do this kind of thing?" she asked, looking at Riolu.

"Ri-Ri" Riolu shrugged; he didn't know either. Persian stretched out it's legs and pounced onto the ground.

"Per, Per-Persian" it sighed.

"It's ok Persian, we'll figure out where Route 3 is and then we'll be on our way" Lily said, rubbing Persian's head. 

-They're such good friends- Icee thought, looking down at Azurill, who was snoozing away all cozy in her bag. Riolu almost looked like he was going to fall asleep too, but he jerked his head up before getting the chance. Icee turned around to see what Riolu was looking at, and Marcus rounded the corner.

"Where have you been? We had no idea where the heck you went!" she whined as they all stood up.

"Isn't it pretty obvious where I went? There's a whole street full of shops over that way, and I went to ask where Route 3 is" Marcus sighed. Icee stared in annoyance.

-If he knew that, why didn't he do that an hour ago?-

"So which way is it?" Lily said happily, it was clearly good news for her to hear that they all could get out of the city.

"The guy I was talking to said we should go down this road and make a right and we'd exit the city". The group walked happily down the road, made the right, and finally they had gotten onto the route.

"Thank goodness" Icee sighed, dropping her bag. Azurill had woken up, and was sitting comfortably on Icee's shoulder.

"Ri-Ri" Riolu sighed in agreement. They all sat down under the shade of a tree just beyond the path.