Mall

--Tyler’s POV--

I walked into the bathroom and wiped the sleep out of my eyes after I stuck my toothbrush in my mouth.

    The party is tomorrow.

I didn’t know what was gonna happen, I didn’t know what wasn’t going to happen.

    I had a weird feeling inside my stomach whenever I thought about seeing Troye again. I couldn’t understand why, so I quickly dismissed it and went out to the kitchen and greeted my mom at the dining table.

    “Morning Mom.” I smiled and got some cereal off the top of the refrigerator.

“Morning Tyler.” She was grabbing her car keys to leave.

    “Where ya going?”

“Work. Where do you think?”

    “I didn’t know you had work today. Anyway, I’m going somewhere too.”

“Where ya going?”

    “Going to see some friends.”

“K. Well, I’ll see you later kid.”

    “Moooooom my 18th is in 2 weeks!”

“Tylerrrrrr! You wouldn’t whine if you were such an adult.”

    “Just go work or something.”

She laughed and left out the door.

    I took out my phone and called my best friend, Korey.

“What’s up Tyler?”

    “You wanna meet at the mall today?”

“Yeah, sure. What time?”

    “11-ish…? So like in an hour.”

“K. Yeah, I should be there.”

    “Awesome. Meet ya.”

He hung up, and I checked my contacts to click on Troye, who I had finally saved under his name.

    It took about a millisecond for him to pick up.

“Yo, Troye.”

    “Hey.”

“Are you doing anything today?”

    “No. Not really… no plans.”

“Do you wanna meet me and Korey at the mall in about an hour?”

    “Yeah, sure. Where we meeting in there?”

“In front of the movies?”

    “Okay. I’ll be there.”

“K. Bye babe.” I called him babe out of the habit of doing that with most of my friends.

    “....Bye?” Mhm. He thought it was weird.

An hour passed by quickly, scrolling through tumblr and listening to music.

    I grabbed the keys to the house and my car, and stuffed my phone into my pocket, earphones still in as I entered the car.

    When I got to the mall and went in front of the movies I didn’t expect anyone to be there; I was exactly 11.

But to my surprise, I saw a figure in the distance waving to me that I recognized.