Spencer's

-- Tyler's POV --

We got to the restaurant and got a table for two. When we sat down, I didn’t really know what to say. I didn’t know how much we had in common, either. I had to think of something while we were waiting.

    “So… what music do you like?”

Troye looked up from his menu and sat it down. “Oh.. I think I like the same music as you. Do you listen to bands?”

    “Yeah. What kind of bands are you talking about?”

“Ya know, rock; metal. Metalcore.”

    “Yup. That’s what I listen to also. Are you going to warped tour next summer?”

“Yeah, I’ve been going for the past three years.”

    “Cool, cool.”

The waitress came by.

    “Hi, do you two know what you would like?”

“Yeah, I’ll have the Pasta Da Vinci.” Troye said.

    “And I’ll have the Tomato Basil Pasta.” We smiled at her.

“Are you two… ya know.. together? I’m sorry, I’m just wondering.”

    I didn’t hesitate to tell her the truth. “Oh, us? No no. We’re just friends.”

“Oh..” She looked almost.. disappointed? “Well you two would be cute together. I-I’ll go put your order in.”

    “Thank you.” I answered.

I had never thought about Troye like that. I mean, we were just trying to find out what we have in common right now. I don’t need to think about that right now anyway. And besides, he’s not really my type. But he’s a nice kid.

    “Yeah, I’ve been going since I was thirteen also. That’s just been five years for me, haha.”

    “Who did you see this year?”

“I saw Of Mice and Men, Sleeping with Sirens, Born of Osiris, Issues… the list goes on and on.”

    “Which was your favorite?”

“Of Mice and Men. They were my favorite band playing overall this year. Austin is… so attractive in person. Even more than in pictures.”

    “No way.. you saw him? Like, up close?”

“Yeah! They had a signing at five pm near the Kia Forte stage. I got to hug everyone in the band. I was freaking the fuck out.” It’s true. It was amazing.

    “Holy shit! I didn’t even know! Damn. I missed that. And I wasn’t even watching anyone at five. I was just sitting with a few older guys that I had met like twenty minutes before. We were just sitting over the water.”

    “Well shit, I wish you could’ve been there also. Hey; maybe we would even be better friends by now!”

    “Yeah, haha.”

“Hm… What else do you like? Like, what’s your favorite band?”

    “My favorite band is Bring Me..”

“The Horizon!” I got excited. Oops.

    “Yup. Oli’s amazing. And so is everyone else.”

“Bring Me is my favorite band, too. Hahaha. You don’t have to tell me.” They are.

    “Oh really?” His face lit up. “That’s awesome! I was actually thinking of changing my name to Oli…”