Prologue

PROLOGUE

--Troye's POV--

    I lit up my cigarette and placed it in between my lips. Every few seconds I would take it out and exhale all the fumes.

    In this abandoned alleyway at least no one could see my face.

It had tears pouring down it.

    No… nothing terrible happened. Nothing drastic. The tears flowing down my cheeks were only because my own emotions were getting to me all at once.

    Maybe he would never even really acknowledge me. I didn’t understand. I’ve known you since fifth grade. Your sixth grade. I’m entering my junior year, you’re entering your senior. Why is it taking so damn long? Will you graduate and leave me without ever really knowing how I feel?

    That can’t happen.

I’d be broken. More broken than I already am without you.

    C’mon, Tyler.

Can’t you see I love you?

    Or are you as blind with your glasses on as without them?

Tyler.

    Seriously.

--Tyler’s POV--

         “Ugh….” I flopped down onto my bed. The bed that I haven’t had anyone in since my sophomore year.

    Pff. I’m so fucking thirsty.

I lifted up my leg to admire the beautiful art piece that was now on it.

    “I see you got a new tattoo without telling me.” Jackie walked through my door.

“Mom, really? Like you even care.”

    “At least it’s well done… I guess.”

“Okay, okay. So the reason why I didn’t tell you was because… well; just come over here and take a closer look at it.”    

    She walked up to me and bent over to get a better look at my new tattoo.

“Oh..” she covered her mouth and tears came to her eyes.

    I waved my hands rapidly to calm her down. “No no, mom! It’s not that big of a deal.”

“No, it really is.” She uncovered her mouth and wiped her eyes to smile at me. “Thank you. Really. It’s very, very pretty.”

    “Changed your mind about my new tattoo then?” I raised my eyebrows at her. She jokingly hit my shoulder.

    “Shut up, kid.”

“Kid? I’m nearly eighteen!” She laughed and so did I.

    I had gotten a tattoo dedicated to her.

It was a cursive ‘Jackie’ slanted under a crown. ‘Love, Mom’ was on the top of the whole tattoo and was in her handwriting.

    “Okay, adult. Go out and get us some food then.”

“But moooom! My leg hurts.” I frowned.

    “That was your choice, Tyler.” she made a stern facial expression at me.

“But you said you really liked it! And it was for you, and--” she made a neutral expression. “Okay, fine.” I rolled my pant leg down and got up to get the groceries I knew we needed.

----------------------

I kiiiiiinda want this to be my most 'famous' fanfiction, so I'm not going to be very lenient with goals. When this prologue passes 100 reads and 15 votes and 4 comments.

LOVELIES.

-- Oli <333