Ch 6 Ever been to a turf war?

Sera's POV

"Where were you?!" Elaine was frantic "I thought something had happened too you! You were gone for two hours!" 

"I just went out for a drink to celebrate finishing the project. It wasn't my choice, John made me come. Although I did enjoy it, it was rather refreshing."

"Well you could have told me at the very least!"

"Clam down I'm okay, see?" 

"Okay, Okay, just tell me next time, alright?" I chuckled a bit at her motherly demeanor.

"Alright, but only because your so worried."

No POV 

As the weeks passed Seraphina and John started bumping into each other more and more. Soon they became something like friends, and within a mere month and a half you hardly saw one without the other. One dreary Thursday afternoon they were studying for an upcoming test together in the library when Arlo approached their table. 

"Hey Seraphina,"  she looked up from her book.

"Yes Arlo?"

"Listen I'm not going to be able to go to turf wars next week, my family and I are going on a surprise vacation provided by my dads work. So you and Remi will have to find someone to fill in for me, it would probably be best to use Cecile, she's the next mo-"

Seraphina cut across him "We'll find someone," she paused "actually," she turned to me "John have you ever been to a turf war?" 

"No, I haven't."

"Would you like too?" Arlo cut in.

"Woah woah woah! You can't just pick anybody! You have to pick someone at least close to royal status!"

"He is. In fact he's probably stronger than you."

"Yeah right! I've never seen him use his ability once since he got here!"

"Actually you have, he beat me in the cafeteria not long after he got here. Also, he uses his ability sparingly rather than on every little thing that bothers him. He would be great at turf wars!" John piped up here.

"I'm down to go. We basically just fight another schools royals right? I can do that. Which school are we fighting?" 

"We're going up against Trinity, we've been able to beat them easily in the past, but they got a new King and Queen so it may be a different situation." 

"I'll take my chances, when is it?" 

"Next Friday."

"Okay I'm down." Seraphina looked pretty happy.

"Thanks for stopping by and telling me Arlo. You can go on your way." Arlo looked a bit shocked, but walked away on Seraphinas request. 

"Okay, I think we've done enough studying. Why don't we go tell Remi?"

"Alright." Both John and Seraphina put they're books back into they're bags then set off in search of the Wellston Jack. 

Johns POV 

I was walking down the hall with Seraphina looking for Remi, we eventually found her chatting with Isen and Blake by the north entrance. (Gosh did those three ever do anything by themselves?) 

"Hey Remi!" I catch her attention.

"Oh hey John, hey Seraphina. What's up?"

"Johns substituting for Arlo during next Friday's turf war against Trinity." Seraphina said.