Chapter Ten

Just a filler.

(Thomas' POV)

  I came home from exams and Newt wasn't there.  It was four o'clock and Teri wanted to go get froyo.  I didn't want Newt to worry so she went and got it for both of us.  I got vanilla and Teri got a whole bunch of flavors mixed together.

"Thanks for getting it for me,"  I said, looking over at her while throwing my cup away as she did the same.

It was about five o'clock when I heard the door unlock.

"Newt?"  I said, walking over.

"It's not Newt."  He said.  What did he mean that's not his name?  Was his memory restored by WCKD survivors?  What happened?

"What do you mean?  Your name has always been Newt.  Right?"  I asked.

"No, it hasn't.  I talked to Sonya today.  My sister."  His what now?

"You have a sister?!"  I jumped at my own voice rising.  If only he knew what I knew.

"Had a sister.  Her name was Elizabeth, but she preferred to be called Lizzy.  A crank escaped without sounding the alarm, Lizzy got scratched and then killed it.  She walked herself to the containment center and told them.  She contained herself and then was killed.  Turns out all family members that are living must be at the thinning."  He said with tears running down his face.

"The thinning?"  I asked, even though I knew what it was.

"It's where a smoke flows into the room making it so cranks can't live or survive for more than one minute.  Lizzy was in the changing so it was able to go through her system and kill her."  Tears were still falling from under the eye.

"Newt, I mean Thomas,"  I said, unaware of what he wanted to be called.

"Hey Thomas,"  Teresa stepped into the room.

"Newt?"  She asked.

"I'll explain later,"  he said. 

"Okay, do you know where the tape is?  I can't find it anywhere."  Teri asked, completely changing the subject.

"It's in my desk drawer,"  Newt called.

"Thanks,"  She said while walking into his corner of an office.

"I'd like to be called Newt.  I don't want to be called Thomas, Stephen,"  he said.

"How do you know my name is-"  I stopped once he realized what I'd just spilled.

"You still work for WCKD don't you Tommy?"  He said.  I started to back up slowly.

"I can explain!"  I said and ran into our room, locking the door.

A/N