Chapter 1

"Are you serious?! someone actually adopted me?" I asked looking surprised, "yes" the social worker told me, "who is it?" I asked, "can't tell you until you meet him yourself" she smiled, "its a he?" I asked feeling a little worried "yes, but think of it as an opportunity, he might marry you or make you have a great job" she explained.

"That's not a good thing!, I don't want to marry him, whoever he is!" I yelled with frustration, "he's a great young man and he's really sweet, I can tell him not to adopt you if you want, do you really want to stay here?" she asked "...." I didn't say anything.

"Fine" I frowned, the social worker smiled at me then left me standing there with my thoughts. I wish my parents hadn't died, I wish I had family members out there who could take me away from all of this, but instead I had to spend 13 years in an orphanage at least I made some friends here, only one though her name is Maggie.

"Hey Maggie" I walked over to her, "hey Ad, what did she want?" she asked looking at the social worker, "uh..I'm getting adopted by this guy" I answered then frowned "are you serious?!, that's great!!" she hugged me "not really, now I broke my promise" I frowned with tears coming down my cheeks " don't cry and you know promises don't last forever, you'll always be my sister and at least you'll be happy" she smiled kissing my blond hair.

"I'm going to miss you so much" I cried "I'll miss you too, but always be happy, and who knows someone might come adopt me too" she smiled, "I hope so" I wiped my tears and stared into her hazel eyes. "I meet him tomorrow" I spoke "cool" she grinned "I guess" I played with my hair, "lights off in 1 minute!" the social worker yelled, "wish me luck" I hugged her, "you already have that" she smiled "night Nut-Mag" I laughed "night OsO" she laughed. I walked over to my bunk bed and slept, waiting to meet my adopter.