Chapter Four

The ride to the game was not what anyone hoped for. They were stuck in a traffic jam. None of the cars were moving and they had been stuck like that for ages.

Paige sat in the front, her head on her hand, with a bored expression on her face.

Blake was beside her, glaring at the many cars ahead.

Dalton sat in the back lazily. He was ready to fall asleep, but watched as Luca traces the many scars she had on her arm.

"Does it still hurt?" He whispered. Layla looked up at him with a small smile," stepparents are always the worst", she said bumping shoulders with him. Nick squeezed her thigh in reassurance that he will always be there for her.

Layla sprawled across the back seats. Her head was on Nicks lap and her feet were on Dalton's.

"Now this is the life", she sighed closing her eyes as Nick rubbed her scalp.

Nicks head was leaning out of the car window, his head leaning on his arm. He was staring at all the other cars, bored out of his mind," dude it's over".

"It'll move", Blake assured him. He sighed and leaned his head back against the seat.

Paige looked at him," it's not moving".

Nick pushed away from the window and leaned into the middle, to listen their conversation.

Layla sighed an stopped tracing her scars and paid attention to what Blake was saying.

"Look we'll make it for the second half", he said trying to convince everyone.

"Okay dude, I'm not sitting in this traffic", Nick said shaking his head, as Layla sat up," me neither".

"Well what the hell do you want me to do?". Blake asked turning around to face the three in the back

"The obvious Blake. We need to go back", Layla said with an eyebrow raised.

"Turn around", Nick said as he felt Layla tense and he didn't want her to have an outburst.

Blake shook his head," I'm not missing the game".

Layla leant forward," turn the fucking car around Blake or I swear to God the game won't be your main priority when I'm through with you", Layla said anger evident in her eyes. Nick rubbed her thighs calming her as he felt he tension leave her body.

Blake got scared out of his wits, so with a sigh he nodded his head

Paige pulled out her phone and decided to dial Carly's number.

Layla relaxed into Nick who kissed her temple, happy that she's calm.

" get some shut eye babe, I'll wake you when we get back to the campsite", Nick whispered as she fell asleep comfortable in his lap.