Her

Note from the author:

"You may see some grammatical errors and what not as I haven't finished editing but thank you for reading anyways,enjoy!".
----------

She didn't like me..,I knew that from the start,she weaved her web of lies and deceit,shoving herself into our life,our friendship, undermining me every step of the way. I don't know why she did this, why she's so vindictive..but she is,and it hurts that she's stolen my bestfriend,but she has. And now I'm alone,just like she wanted me to be.

It all began our last year of highschool,that's when we met her....

-----
Past

"So have you heard back from a college yet?"

It was senior year,me and Francine had applied to the same colleges in the hopes of being college roommates,we were a nervous wreck waiting for a reply but so sure that we would be accepted.

We sat in her big bedroom decorated in bright yellow and white, a sunny,optimistic theme that's completely in contrast to my room at home.

"No nothing yet,but I'm not too worried monica,I know it'll all work out",she gives me a smile spinning in her desk chair while I sit on her bed rolling my eyes.

Francine is definetly the bubbly one of our duo,she always has a smile,always has something positive to say,while I am more realistic and reserved but we balance each other out well,I've known her since the second grade when I joined her school after my mom had me transferred there to give me a quality education as it was a A+ school and my previous one wasn't,but when I met Francine,who is asian,she was so kind,graceful,pretty and different,she and her family welcomed me with open arms and she became my best friend. 

I'd never met someone so happy, she was nice to be around and so was her family,though our worlds are considerably different like for example she comes from a two parent household who are happily married and successful, living in a big house and she is an only child so she is given anything she wants.

While my struggling single mom works like crazy as a nurse to give us,me and my brother,the little that we do have,a three bedroom apartment,and a reliable car to transport us to good schools,francines parents bought her a car last year as a gift.

Anyways we've been attached ever since and we make a good team.

Francine stops spinning to look at something on her laptop,

"Ooh carlos just posted something new to his page,..ugh! he's at a froyo place in downtown and guess who's with him".

Carlos is a boy that Francine has had a crush on for a while,since the first day of freshmen year to be exact,but she has been just friends with him all of this time since he doesn't seem into her in that way.

I come over to peer at her laptop,"who's he with?", I ask.

She sighs,"her".

I see carlos in a picture with some other people sitting at a table,and yes "her",the girl that has been dating carlos,Lila,is there as well.

They only started dating this year but of course Francine thinks she's wrong for him.

I roll my eyes walking away from the laptop to look outside,

"It's a nice day we should go out and do something,....let's go to the beach",I say.

She spins around jumping up with a big smile on her face," yes, that's perfect actually",she says breathlessly.

I frown at her,"okayyy, what's up with you?".

She shrugs casually,"oh nothing,...there's just a senior bonfire  tonight at the beach so it's great we'll already be there".

I scowl,"seriously?,and what are we going to do there?".

She laughs,going into her walk in closet,"fun stuff monica,we're going to do fun stuff".

I sigh,and I'm sure we're going to see a certain boy there as well.