Part Nine~Calum Hood~

After we talked some more Neveah falls asleep in my arms.She will never admit it, I know her well enough for that, but she's weak. Her body needs to recover,but she won't let it recover. She'll act like nothing's wrong. She always does that. Most people when they have flu go to bed or something. But not Neveah. Neveah will act like nothings wrong. That's probably why I never noticed anything about her. Why I never suspected that she was carrying so much secrets with  her. I have to get her to change that. She has to realise she's important. She has to let me care of here instead of her taking care of others. She needs to trust me.  She has to go to a therapist or something. I've talked to the doctor this morning and he told me that she must have been doing this for many months now. If she loses more weight, her life will be in serious danger. She gets food now trough the tube in her nose, but that's not a solution ofcourse. They only did it because she couldn't get the painkillers on a empty stomach. I saw how her face expression changed for a second when the doctor told her about the food. She tried to look as natural as always, but in her eyes I could see the terror. Why haven't I seen that before? She could hide the cuts, but how did I not noticed her losing so much weight. I guess I just didn't paid attention to it. I remember I thought about how easy it was to lift her up yesterday, but I didn't thought it would be so bad. I wanna know what made her do it. What made her feel so bad that she got into the cutting and losing weight. 

I'm still worrying about it when someone takes place next to me. I look and see Micheal sitting in the chair next to me.

'How is she doing Cal?'

'She's doing alright. Still quite weak tough. But she's not in lifedanger. But she will be I she doesn't get someone to help her.'

'Do you think you can get her so far that she'll let someone help her? I know her for my whole life Cal, Neveah is so pigheaded. She'll never do something she doesn't want to do.'

'I don't know it Micheal, but she has to. She has to open up to people. Even you don't know why she does it, do you? And you are her brother.''

'I would tell you if I knew Calum. I think it has to do something with school our with the things that happened when I left, it must have started then.  Did she told you about her dad?'

'No, but I've found out, cause I called him to tell about Neveah. She told you? I thought you lost contact with him.'

'She told me, but made me keeping it a secret. I don't have contact with him, you're know right, that's why Nev told me. So I could come home to pick up the few things that belong to me that are still there. She's not going home on her own, it's time someone takes care for her.'

'She'll be coming home with us. The doctor said she could leave tomorrow, if she's being carefully watched. You want to be alone with her?'

'Thank you Cal, that would be great.'

I leave and watch throug the little window how Micheal looks at his sister with tears in his eyes.