Part Six ~Calum Hood~

I look down at my sleeping darling. She seems so small lying her in my arms. I love her with whole my heart. We know eachother for almost a year now and for me it was love at first sight. It took me quite some time to convince her of my love for her, It took even longer for her to admit she loved me as well. We're together for about 7 months now. I've never been afraid of losing her untill now. I just don't know why I never noticed what she was doing to herself before. Cause when I think back, there were signs that it was going well with her. Neveah has always been a shy and quiet girl, but the last months she could be silent for hours until I started to talk to her. She seemed far away sometimes. She began to change in the bathroom, probably so she could hide the scars. She began to eat less and less, but I never questioned why. I just tought she wasn't hungry or something. I have been being so selfish.

When I think back of the moment I found her this afternoon, lying in a puddle of her own blood, covered in scars, I get goosebumps all over my body. What if I didn't smashed the door. What if I had just let it go, thinking she would come out when she was ready. That's what I would have done if I hadn't noticed the bloodstains on her sleeve. They made me think there was something really wrong, and I was right.

If she comes out of the hospital, I'm going to do everything I can to help her. I'm going to do everything to make her love herself as much as I love her. I remember I still have to call her dad. I put Neveah carefully down and give her a small kiss on her cheek. I get my phone and go to the nearest toilet. I search in my phone till I find the number of Neveah's house phone. When I call the number I get a voicemail with another number. I quickly type it in my phone, before I forget it and call the number. It takes some time, but in the end I finally have contact with Neveah's dad.

'Hello Sir Hayes, your speaking with Calum Hood, your daughters boyfriend.'

'I know who you are, why are you calling me. Is everything alright with Neveah ?'

'I'm afraid not Sir. She is in the hospital.'

'What happened.'

'Did you know she was losing weight and cutting herself?'

'No, ofcourse not. If I would have know that I would have never leaved.'

'Leaved?'

'Did Neveah didn't tell you? I'm in Dubai for a year, for my work.'

'No she didn't told me, have you been gone for a long time? '

'No, I only left a month ago. Tell Neveah to call me when she is able to. How is she doing?'

'Her life isn't in danger. She has lost a lot of blood and she is underweight, but she'll manage. I will stay with her'

'Thank you Calum, for doing this. Let her call me as soon as she wakes up okay?'

'I will Sir.'

After hanging up I go back to Neveah's room and sit next to her bed again. Why didn't she told me that her dad had leaved? She has so many secrets. I'm not sure if I can handle it, but I can't leave her and I don't wanna leave her. From now on, I will be there. She has to know she can trust me. 

Wait, if her dad is in Dubai for a year, that means she lives alone now. I don't know how, but I'm gonna convince her to live with me. It won't be good for her being alone now. I look at my phone and see it's 5 a.m. in the morning. I had a quick nap before Neveah woke up, but besides that I've been up since 4 a.m. I try to make myself a bit comfortable in the chair and slowly fall asleep.