- author's note.

FINALLY, i finished this story sjskdkd. it feels a little underwhelming, in my opinion. i feel like i could have included other povs or scenes. but i thought, wouldn't it steal the spotlight from the main point: yuta and sicheng's toxic romance?

yes, the love story depicted in this au isn't something we should aim for when looking for a partner. sicheng was manipulative and completely insensitive of yuta's feelings. and yuta, well, he was desperate. he took whatever he could get. even if it was just scraps of sicheng's affection. yuta never realized his value, his importance as a person. he never saw himself as something more than sicheng's back-up. yuta was delusional. he thought sicheng loved him more than jaehyun. and it hurt him more than anyone when the time came and the truth had to come out.

but years passed and yuta had to grow up. he left s.korea to live a normal life. but even after all those years, the ghost of their romance never left him. he held on to the seams of the love that should never have been. it was unhealthy and self-destructive.

i guess what i'm trying to say is this: my au was never written to have a happy ending. you are supposed to hate sicheng, supposed to pity yuta for his lack of self-worth. how stupid would you have to be to stay in a relationship like that?

you should never settle for a love like the one depicted in my au. because you are flesh and blood and you deserved to be loved, fully and whole-heartedly.