Chapter One

Liam woke up to only find that his best friend, Niall, wasn’t next to him. It was still pretty dark out, his phone only said it was 5:20. Why the heck was he up? Niall had gone to bed early last night, mumbling that he hadn’t felt all that well. Liam, worried, had followed him up but Niall had already fallen asleep in their bed.

            “Niall? Ni? Buddy? Are you in here?” Liam whispered. There was a whimper from their bathroom and Liam got up, heading towards the small glow of light coming from the cracked door. “Ni?” he pushed open the door and found the blue eyed boy sitting on the floor, resting his head on the wall. He was pale but had fiery red cheeks and his chest was trembling.

            Liam went over to the boy and pulled him up to rest against his chest. Niall laid his head on his shoulder and cuddled up, trying to get warm. Liam felt his forehead, which was burning.

            “Ni? What happened? Why are you up?” Liam knew that his friend was sick, but he was waiting for symptoms.

“I got sick.”

“Yeah, yeah, I see that. How do you feel?”

“My head hurts, and my stomach. I am dizzy and cold. But I am also hot and my cheeks are burning.”

“Oh, buddy. I’m sorry. How long have you been up?” Liam ran a hand through the younger boy’s blonde hair. Niall relaxed into him and sighed.

“Since 3:45. I didn’t want to wake you up, so I came in here because I didn’t feel well. I was going to go downstairs, but then I realized I might wake the others up, so I just stayed in here.”

“Are you feeling any better?”

“No-o-o,” Niall whimpered. His stomach was cramping up again, and he felt like he was going to be sick.

“Ni? You going to be sick?” Niall just nodded and put a hand over his mouth.

Liam quickly helped him lean over the toilet. Niall just moaned and started to gag. Liam rubbed his back as he started to throw up. He didn’t eat dinner last night, so that would be all stomach acid coming up. ‘That’s gotta burn’ Liam thought.

When he was finally done getting sick, Liam flushed the toilet and washed his hands. He helped Niall brush his teeth and get back into bed. Liam laid behind him and snaked his arm around Niall’s stomach, rubbing it lightly.

“Mmmmmm, t’at feels nice….” Niall mumbled, already drifting off to sleep. Liam smiled and fell back asleep too.

When Niall woke up later, he was disappointed to find that Liam wasn’t there. He carefully walked down the stairs to find Louis and Harry in the kitchen, making snacks for work. He walked in the room and both boys looked up.

“Morning Niall. Late start? Hey; you aren’t looking so hot. Are you sick?” Louis asked, coming over to feel his forehead.