Chapter Nine

A minute later Liam and Niall were jumping out of the car and rushing to Zayn’s room. They went in and stopped short when they looked at the bed.

“Lou, where’s Z?” Liam asked, in a panic. Louis and Harry were the only ones in the room.

“The doctors took him back a few minutes ago. You know, to check his vocal cords. He didn’t want to go back without seeing you, but they made him. He will be back soon. I promise the doctors said it would only be 30 minutes or less,” Louis said.

“Ok. Is he still mad at me?” Liam asked, taking a seat in a chair.

“No. I don’t think so. As soon as you left, he pretty much tried to kill himself. He pulled 3 stitches out and the doctors had to give him a shot to sedate him so they could redo the stitches,” Harry said. He and Louis were looking at each other.

“What? What did I miss?” Liam asked, reading their faces.

“When you left, Ni was really upset at you. He literally cried himself to sleep. He needs you more than you realize. We all do. Don’t ever leave us again. Do you hear me Liam James Payne?”

“Yes Louis. I’m sorry,” Liam said. He was Daddy Direction, but Louis was older and Liam looked up to him. Louis was staring at Liam so intensely that Liam looked down at his feet.

“Lads, its fine, I’m not mad anymore. Liam, come ‘ere.” Liam went over to Niall who hugged him and kissed his cheek. “I’m not mad. I was, but not now. Ok?”

“Ok.” Liam hugged him back and kissed the top of his head. He was glad no one was mad at him anymore. But he was pretty upset that Zayn wasn’t there yet. “Oh, and Lou?”

“What Liam?” he spat out.

“I’m really glad you helped Ni. I should never have run away and I am sorry. But Niall did make a good point.”

“When?”

Liam passed him his phone and Louis read Niall’s text to him that Liam had received in the park. Louis read it and smiled at the Irish boy.

“You do make a pretty good point, leprechaun.” Louis finally wasn’t mad anymore.

“Thanks Lou. I was really sad. But now that he is back, can we pretend that never happened? Please?”

“Ok, Hazza? You cool with that?”

“Yeah, Li? Are you?” Harry asked.

“Absolutely. Thank you guys so much.” They hugged, sat down, and waited. Liam tried not to fall asleep, but Niall let him put his head on his shoulder and then Liam was out. Niall ran his hand through Liam’s hair slowly over and over. Louis smirked at them and pulled out his phone, updating his Twitter.

Hey! So a little update on Z, his voice is back! J He is on the way to sing again, but right now, he keeps trying t pull out his stitches. L Please send him your love.