Chapter Four

Halfway through the night, around 2:45, Niall woke up and sprinted to the bathroom; throwing up in the sink, not quite making it to the toilet. Liam followed once he realized what was happening. Once Niall was asleep again, Liam went to go check on Zayn.

Zayn was wide-awake in his bed on his phone, texting someone. Liam’s phone buzzed as he walked in the door.

To Liam: Can u come up? I don’t feel well.

“Z? I’m here. What hurts, buddy?” Zayn looked up in surprise.

To Liam: Everything. I just want t sleep, but I cant cuz it hurts so much. I don’t no what t do!

Liam read his phone and sat on Zayn’s bed laying Zayn’s head in his lap. Zayn smiled and hummed.

“You comfortable?”

Zayn hummed again.

“Z. Got to sleep. I’m not leaving.”

To Liam: Thanks mate. Ur a good friend.

“Thanks Z. Go to sleep hon,” Liam said. Zayn pulled up to covers and closed his bloodshot eyes. He had been up for a while and had a stressful day.

The alarm started going off and Liam jumped. He was still in Zayn’s room, Zayn’s head still in his lap. Zayn woke up and smiled at the boy.

“Morning. How did you sleep?” Liam asked.

To Liam: Good how ‘bout u?

“Oh, it was Ok.”

To Liam: Rly? U have bags under ur eyes. No way u slept well in here sitting up. Take the day off work 2day. I have t anyway. Go get some sleep. I’ll b fine on my own.

“Z, I hate to break it to you, but we are all staying home from work today. The doctors called last night; they want to do the surgery today. They said the longer they wait, the worse it will get. You have to be in there by 10:45. Did u eat anything yesterday?”

Zayn shook his head.

“Ok, the lads and I already talked with Paul and he said for us all to go with you today if you want us too. Louis has gone into a shutdown stage and hasn’t talked to anyone since you came home. The doctor said the surgery should only take about 1 hour. We are going to leave here in 2 hours.”

To Liam: I’m scared, what if it doesn’t work?

“It will work. I promise babe. Let’s go downstairs.”

To Liam: Ok. I need t help Lou. How bad is he?