Chapter Five

Liam went to his car and got in, placing the bucket in between Niall’s feet just in case he got sick. Niall laid his head against the window and closed his eyes. Liam turned the radio on low volume and pulled out of the drive after Harry.

The office was only a 10-minute drive away, but it seemed like eternity to Liam and Niall in the car. Niall got sick 3 times in those 10 minutes. The first time, it was pretty bad, stomach acid coming up at full force. Niall’s tears splashed in along with the puke. Liam pulled over and rubbed his back until he was done. That was the worst of it. The next two weren’t so bad, just dry heaving with a bit of spit. Liam didn’t stop because they were almost there.

“Hang in there Ni. Almost there buddy. It’ll be alright.”

He pulled into the parking lot and was glad to see there were only 2 other cars there.

“Come on babe. We’re here. It will be over soon.”

“I’m s-s-s-scared Li.”

“It’ll be Ok. I’m here. Come on.” Liam helped him into the office and sat him down in a chair while he checked him in.

“Name?” the lady asked.

“Niall James Horan.”

“The nurse will be here any minute to take you back. Please have a seat.”

“Thank you ma’am.” Liam took a seat next to Niall and took his trembling hands in his own big, strong ones. “We are going back any minute. I will be there the whole time. If you are scared or need anything, just look at me and I will try and help, Ok?”

“Y-y-y-y-y-yeah. I-I-I-I-I-I g-g-g-g-got i-i-i-i-it,” Niall said shakily.

“Hey, hey. Look at me.” Liam lifted the blonde’s chin so he looked him in the eyes, “I will be there for you! Don’t worry.”

“O-o-o-o-o-o-ok. I a-a-a-am g-going t-t-to b-be f-f-fine.”

“Yeah! You will.”

“Niall James Horan. Come on back,” a young nurse said.

“You got it.” Liam stood up, holding his hand, and led him to the nurse. She led them to a room in the back. The doctor will be right with you sir.”

“I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I c-c-c-c-c-can’t d-d-d-d-d-d-d-do t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-this! I-I-I c-c-can’t! You’ve got to help me Li!”

“Calm down baby. You’re going to get sick. Just calm down. Sit here, next to me, and hold my hand. I will help you.” Niall moved just as the doctor walked in.

“Hello boys. My name is Dr. Devon. Which one of you is Niall James?” the doctor said with an American accent.

“Hello Dr. Devon, my name is Liam and this is my friend, Niall.”