Chapter Ten

The sunlight seeped in through the curtains and Liam woke up. It took him a minute to remember where he was. It all came back to him when he looked at his sleeping friend next to him. Zayn had surgery and they were going home today.

“Haz?” Zayn muttered in his sleep. “Li? Ni? Lou? Why are you all here? I told you to leave…” he whispered.

“Z? You awake?” Liam asked, kissing his forehead.

“Yeah. Hey Li,” Zayn said, blinking his eyes a few times and smiling at the boy over him.

“Ready to go home today?”

“Yeah, I wanna get outta here.”

Liam laughed at him and helped him sit up. “We just have to wait for the doctor to check on you and say that you are ready to leave. Ok?”

“Ok. Did the other boys call? I thought I heard a phone ringing.”

“No, I don’t think they did…” Liam looked at his phone. “I got texts from them, but no calls.”

From Louis: When r u comin home?

From Harry: Miss u and Ni cant get to sleep, any ideas?

From Niall: I cant sleep, help.

He felt bad that he hadn’t checked his phone last night and that he had fallen asleep early and that he couldn’t help Niall.

To Niall: Sry babe, I just got this. Did u ever get t sleep?

To Louis: B there as soon as dr comes in and checks us out.

From Niall: Its cool. I got t sleep around 330. Haz and Lou helped me get t sleep.

To Niall: I feel bad that I wasn’t there t help.

From Niall: Its Ok. U were with Z.

“What’s wrong Liam?” Zayn asked.

“Nothing.”

“Something’s wrong, I can see it in your face. What happened to Ni?” Zayn asked softly.

“Eh, he just couldn’t sleep last night and I feel bad for him ‘cause they were asking for help but I was already asleep.”

“Don’t worry about it Li. If he says its fine, then it’s fine. Ni doesn’t worry or think too much about things.”

“Yeah. You’re right. If he is fine, he doesn’t lie about it.”