twelve: house of cards

"a house made of cards, and us, inside. even though the end is visible. even if it's going to collapse soon.

CHAPTER TWELVE

slow down the time

slow down the time. please stay for a little more oh. please baby calm down."

Jungkook's house is an uncomplicated house in a street where every house looks the same. Brick walls, four rectangular windows, a garage that's hardly used and a small path leading to the door. However, his door is painted black unlike the other doors on the street that are either blue, green or red.

Jungkook and Elianna get out of his dads car before walking side by side to his front door.

Jungkook unlocks the front door and let's Elianna inside first. He closes the door behind them and the two of them take off their shoes. There's a comfortable silence between them, just how it was during their car ride.

Elianna's converses lay next to his and Jungkook takes off his jacket, hanging it. He guides her to the kitchen where she takes a seat on one of the spinning stools. He feels giddy knowing that the girl he likes is at his house, opening up to him, spending time with him and trusts him, is okay with him.

Elianna watches Jungkook carefully as he fills up a glass of water for her. He takes his time, making sure it's cold.

Jungkook takes a seat beside the girl he admires and they end up talking for an hour.

"I do have a job, retail and I do other stuff to get money for my family." Elianna explains. She covers her hands with the long sleeves of her striped turtleneck.

That confirms why he saw her with Namjoon at the retail store. But other stuff? Does she babysit ... what exactly is other stuff?

Jungkook stares at her.

"I'm not a stripper." She denies Jungkook's thoughts and the two of them start to laugh.

Elianna turns in circles using the moving stool. "Thanks for bringing me here, to your house and giving me a glass of water."

Jungkook smiles, a close lipped one. He likes how she looks more composed than she did an hour ago. "That's what friends are for." He cringes at his own statement.

"We're friends now huh?" Elianna smirks. She leans her head on her covered hands, staring at him with big, brown eyes. She looks adorable and Jungkook can't help but put his little finger through the hoops in her ears, distractedly.

"I'd rather us be something than nothing." Jungkook whispers and isn't sure if Elianna heard him or not. If she did, she showed no reaction.