twenty eight: let go

"feelings for you, so many to let go. unpuzzle my lego. at a level where it can't return to its original shape. so be it don't cry. I'mma let you go and fly.

TWENTY EIGHTH CHAPTER

at first every day is like that

at first every day is like that. beyond the tears hidden in the rain. I'll wait for you, let's start over. so that in the future. I can meet you again with a smile."

"Can we leave?"

Jungkook asks for the millionth time and Elianna tries not to roll her eyes. It's Friday night and Elianna's schedule includes a party on that specific day, every week. So the couple have been at the people filled party for nearly two hours and Elianna is enjoying her free time with her good friends, however Jungkook wants to leave and is continuously pestering her. The party is supposed to be enjoyable but it's turning out to be exhausting, just the way her life feels at the moment.

Elianna brushes him off, having enough of being polite and she continues talking to her friend, a fake smile on her lips. "Two seconds." She tells Jungkook quickly, attempting to close his mouth.

Jungkook becomes more irritated, knowing two seconds will be two hours so he pulls at her sleeve. "How many more people do you need to talk to?" He questions, unhappy with her popularity.

Elianna this time turns to glare at her boyfriend. Their eyes meet for a second. He's acting childish. "Just wait, we'll go in a bit." He's acting like a kid out with his mother who hates to go shopping.

Elianna wants to stay at the party but she leaves with Jungkook. The things she does for him makes her sigh as she pouts at Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok partying.

After making their way out of the party, the couple start to walk home on the pavement. They keep their distance as they walk beside each other in silence.

The early morning sky is dark and starless. It makes Elianna feel worse since the stars in the sky normally amaze her. But the fact that the sky is blank creates an uneasy ache in her heart.

Jungkook erupts the restless silence with a complaint. He huddles his body together- his hands in the pockets of his jacket. "Why did we go to that party? I feel like shit." He shows his distaste.

Elianna gulps- trying not to take her anger out on Jungkook. She's aware that he's the opposite of her, he likes to stay at home and play video games. Parties aren't his thing and she understands. Elianna likes to party, socialise and spend time not being lazy. They're so incredibly different but Elianna truly believes there's no one else that's more perfect for her.