Darkened Memories

Jaimie

I glance at Iain, who is sitting at the main hall, across from me.

"It's unlike brynn to be late for food," iain wonders aloud.

I chuckle. "Knowing her, she probably went back to bed." i scoot my chair out. "I'll go check on her."

Iain winks at me, and i roll my eyes. Sometimes iain can be such a child. I jog up the stairs, and knock on the door. I didn't want to barge in, in case if she was changing. "Brynn?" i knock three times. "Brynn, love?" i twist the doorknob. It's locked. "Strange," i think to myself. "I don't remember locking the door." suddenly, a panic closes my throat. "Brynn?" my voice is more admanant now. "Brynn, if ye don't answer, im gonna break down this door." still no answer.

I back up, and kick the door open. I gasp. Bryn's gone. The only remaing thing, is a piece of her nightdress, with a letter attached. I pick up the letter, and read it.

"Ye think that ye could move on with Nedda? You shall never know happiness ever again, Jaimie McLaird. Your beloved is gone, and ye'll do what is right, or the girl dies. Ye have three days to come alone, with 20,000 gold coins, or we kill the lass."

I let out a cry of pain. This is my fault. I should have never have left her alone. Turning around, i run down the stairs, and bump into jaimie.

"Brother, what's the rush?" jaimie spins me around. "Slow down- brynn hasn't decided to leave ye has she?" he chuckles.

I glare at him. "Iain- brynn's life is at stake, and if we don't do something, she'll share Nedda's fate."