Discoveries

1218 Midevil Scottland

Brynna

When Jaime leaves the room, i decide to see if there' anything to wear. I look around the room, to find a bureau with dresses in it. I take a peek, and find several medieval styled dresses with the long flowing sleeves, and the corset waist. I take out a lavender dress, and slip it on over my head. I then go out of the room, and take a look around the grounds. I soon find myself in a garden. I take in my surroundings, and am surprised to see someone else there. He shifts, and turns in my direction. He smiles at me, kindly.

"Hello lass- what might yer name be?"

"Brynna," i reply.

"My name's Iain- I'm a good friend of Jamie's."

The mention of Jamie's name makes me smile to myself.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Iain looks at the lake.

I nod, awed by all of the flowers.

"Ye know, Jamie is goin' through a tough time right now." Iain says, with his eyes straight ahead.

"Why are you telling me this?" i ask, tentatively

"Imma telling ye this, Brynna, because i think ye can help him." he looks at me. "I can tell he cares deeply for ye, even though he doesnna show it all the time."

"I barely know him." i play with the ends of my hair, to distract myself from thinking about him.

Iain chuckles. "Even though you donna know him, ye canna deny that ye want to know him more.

I share his laugh. "You're right- i do want to know more about him."

"Know more about who?" a familiar voice asks behind me.

I spin around, and see Jaimie walking up behind me.

I'm speechless, but thankfully, Iain comes to my defense.

"Brynna here was just saying that she wanted to know more about the land, and the keep."

I silently thank Iain, who gives me a wink.

Jaimie looks at me, and smiles. "that's a fine idea, Iain." he takes my hand. "Do ye want to come with me, while I show ye the keep?"

I nod, and jaimie leads me towards the castle.

We come to a huge entryway.

"This land has been in my family for centuries," jaimie whispers. He leads me to a huge hall that looks like a ballroom. My eyes widen, and jaimie chuckles.

"I take it yer not used to castles, eh?"

I laugh, "no- where i come from, we don't have many castles.

Jaimie winks at me. "Prepare to be amazed, Brynna Collins, for i am to share with you one of the largest keeps in Scotland." taking my hand, he pulls me to another room. Before i can blink, he has me pinned against the wall, his hands behind me. He's so close to me- i can feel his breath on my neck. He leans towards me, and his body pressed against mine. and our lips meet. I give into the kiss, deepening it even more. His lips move past my mouth, and onto my neck, in which i moan in response. The kiss ends way too soon, and we break away.

"I've been wanting to do that ever since i saw ye in the snow." Jaimie says, smiling sheepishly at me- his hand behind his neck.

I give him a quick peck on the lips. "I can be honest in saying that i wanted that as much as you did,"

"I know, ye did, lass."

I playfully hit jaimie on the arm. He laughs.

"Ye are impossible, woman."

"Yet, you like me," i say

"Aye, that I do"

I clear my throat. "I think that we should probably get back- Iain is going to wonder what took us so long."

"Ready to leave me already?" jamie feins a hurt expression.

"We'll see about that." i tease. "You'll going to have to catch me first."

With that, i sprint out of the hall, and make my way outside to the garden. I spot iain, but not until jamie pins me to the ground, and rolls me over so that he's on top of me.

"Caught ye" he whispers.

"What's this?" Iain walks up to us. "Has my best lad has found a lass?"

I avert my eyes, while Jaimie chuckles

Iain smiles, and nods his head in approval.

Jaimie gets up, dusts himself off, and helps me up as well.

"Im glad ye have found a woman, lad" Iain pats Jaimie on the back, to which jaimie responds with a playful punch to his friend's shoulder. We all start to go inside the keep, but jamie holds me back.

"What is it?" i ask, curiously

"I just wanted a moment with ye to myself." jaimie grins sheepishly

"You did have a moment with me, not too long ago" i state.

Jaimie chuckles.

"Am i to hear that the great laird Jaimie McLain wants to spend more time with me?" i tease

Jaimie smiles. "I would be dishonest to myself if i said i didn't"

He looks at me, with a longing in his eyes.

"tonight, meet me under the willow tree near the keep." jaimie whispers
I have to admit, when he whispers in my ear like that, it makes me want to melt.

I look at him, and smile "you dont have to ask me twice."