twenty

My hand held on tight to J’s as he pulled up to the hotel in Monument, Colorado.

“Colorado is so beautiful.” I said.

Johnson squeezed my hand, “just like you.”

“What a cliché.” Aaron said as he unbuckled his seatbelt.

J parked my car and we all got out. I moved my sunglasses from the top of my head to my face. I fixed my shirt and walked to the back of my car. I opened the trunk as J touched my back. We grabbed our things and went inside the lobby.

We got to our rooms and I fell back on a bed, sliding my sunglasses on to the nightstand.

“I never thought I’d love hotel beds so much.” I said.

“I want to hike one of those mountains.” G said.

“That sounds fun.” I smiled and sat up.

“Little miss actually wants to go hiking?” J joked.

I pushed his arm as he laughed.

“Let’s do Mount Herman; we just have to drive over by Palmer Lake.” G said. “It’s one point one miles, very easy.”

“I’m down and then we can grab food from Gleneagle.” I smiled.

“You just want Chick Fil A.” J pointed out.

“You’re so right.” I said. “It’s so good though.”

“Are we telling the other guys?” Aaron asked.

“Nah.” The three of us replied.

-------------------------------------------------

I walked into the Chick Fil A, my hand in Jack’s.

“It smells amazing in here.”

“Oh my god!” We heard someone squeal behind us.

We all turned around a saw a girl who looked to be fifteen or sixteen. She had brown hair and bright blue eyes.

“Can I please get a picture with all of you?”

“Of course.” G smiled.

The girls mom took her phone and took a picture of her with each guy. She turned to me as I stood to the side.

“I want one with you too Ellie.” She smiled.

“Really?” I asked as my heart started racing.

“Yeah.” She smiled.

I posed with her as her mom took the picture.

“Thank you so much guys!” She said and walked away.

“She wanted a picture with me.” I smiled.

“Why wouldn’t she?” J asked.

I looked at him, “do you not remember what happened?”

“You’re not a killer.” He said as we stepped up to order.

“Oh my god, you guys are on Magcon.” The girl smiled, her eyes traveled to me. “I thought you weren’t going back on Magcon.”

“I’m not a talent.” I said. “Just here with my friends and my boyfriend.”

“You guys are still dating?”

“Why wouldn’t we be?” J asked.

“Because she killed someone.”

“Look, you’re at work so you’re supposed to be doing your job. Take our order or I’ll just talk to your manager.”

“Right.” She said.

----------------------------------------

I sat down on the bed, kicking my shoes off my feet. I fell backwards and sighed.

“Ellie.” Aaron said. “Don’t take it personal, she was obviously getting all her information from TMZ.”

“I just really want people to drop it.” I said. “It happened and I’m not proud of what happened. I know I’m never going to forget it but I’d really like to try.”

“I know.” He said.

“I want to sleep.” I said and moved my head to the pillow.

“You can’t just sleep all of this away.” G laughed.

“I can try.” I told him and shut my eyes.

“Well I’m going to Cam’s room.” Aaron said.

“Me too.” G replied.

I heard the door open and shut as the bed weighed down. I felt J put his arm around my waist and pull me closer.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“Why are you sorry?”

“You don’t deserve any of this. You’re such an amazing person and I just hate that you’re going through all this.”

I looked at him and smiled slightly.

“You’ve got such a big heart and I wish people could see you like I see you.” He said.

“Jack.” I said.

“What?” He asked.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you too.” He smiled.

He leaned over and kissed my cheek; I smiled and then slipped my body to face his. I pulled his face towards mine and connected our lips. It got pretty heated and he flipped his body to hover over me. He pulled his shirt over his head and dropped it to the ground.

“I think that we should make sure no one walks in on us again.” I said, breathing heavy.

He grabbed the do not disturb card from the side table. He put it on the outside of the door and made sure it locked. He came back over and climbed on top of me.

“There.” He said and connected his lips with mine again.

-----------------------------------------

Later I stood in the bathroom, running my finger over the hickey I’d received from Jack. I pulled my shirt up to cover it and walked back into the room. J was lying on the bed without his shirt on. Aaron was on his bed and G was on the couch.

“Covering it with your shirt isn’t going to do anything.” Aaron said without looking up.

“I’m not covering anything.” I said.

“Pull your shirt down.” He said and looked over at me.

“No.” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“You guys aren’t sneaky.” G said. “We know that do not disturb sign wasn’t because you were sleeping.”

“Just shut up.” I said and crawled into the bed next to J.

“They’re just jealous because they don’t have girlfriends.”

They both rolled their eyes as J wrapped his arm around my waist. He kissed my cheek as I smiled.

“Just don’t get pregnant.” Aaron said.

“Aaron!” I said and threw my pillow at him.

“Chill!” He laughed.

“But seriously don’t get pregnant.” G laughed.