Chapter 3

The next few days went by so fast. And before I knew it, Stella was back from her holiday. I really missed her. I got so excited when I saw her convertible stopping in front of my house. I ran downstairs as fast as I could and basically ran straight into Owen, my brother's best friend. I have always had a crush on him. He is tall, dark and very handsome. He has a light skin with sea blue eyes. My brother also has a light skin except he has brown eyes. I myself have a dark skin because I was adopted by the Tiddlestons when I was a little baby. I don't really know what happened to my real mother and I don't care. I have always felt part of the family for as long as I can remember. They have never made me feel different. They always acted very protective over me, even Mike. My mom always wanted a little girl but after the birth of Mike she got very sick and wasn't able to have anymore children. She and my father then decided to adopt me. I am very thankful for them. They have really changed my life so much.

Getting back to my brother's friend. It was really hard growing up around my brother because he always use to bring the most gorgeous boys around the house. I usually just retrieved to my room because I wanted to avoid awkward situations. That was until Owen came along. He was always curious about my existence and use to come into my room when he pleases. The many times he almost saw me in my underwear. He and my brother became friends when he moved here in the 8th grade. Now they are going to college together. Things between me and Owen will not work out because he always sees me as a little girl who needs protection. Plus, it would be very weird because he is my brother's best friend.

"Woah, watch where you are going Lady Bug."

He always calls me Lady Bug because I was a Lady Bug in one of my school plays and Michael showed him the tape. The embarrassment.

"Sorry, did not see you there."

"Really? I am like ten feet tall."

"Didn't notice."

You are such a bad liar.

"You're ready for high school?"

"No, not really but who is ever ready?"

"That's true."

"So are you looking forward to college?"

"Yeah, kind of. I don't really know what to expect."

"Whatever it is like, I am pretty sure you will do great."

With that, I am out of the door. Did I actually complemented him? What?

"MARIE!!!"

"STELLA!!!"

We basically ran towards one another and then we did our amazing best friend greeting. It looks pretty word but hey at least we understand it. I am so happy to see my bestie. I cannot wait to fill her in on all the deeds. There is so much that I have to tell her. I dragged her up the stairs into my bedroom where we can chat. She told me all about her adventures in England and I told her all about my time at Lake Tahoe. She told me about her sisters wanting to get them English boyfriends. Stella has twin sisters, Cassidy and Claire, The most interesting people you will meet in your entire life. Cassidy has a crush on my brother but he doesn't notice her because he is only into blonds. Cassidy and Claire are very beautiful and they both have copper shimmer colored hair and green eyes. Stella looks nothing like her sisters, she has caramel colored hair and brown eyes.I have french toast colored hair and dark brown eyes. Me and Stella spent hours talking, singing and taking lots of photos. We had a bestie catch up session and I really needed it. We also talked about high school and what to expect. Stella was very excited, me on the other hand not so much.