Chapter 14

Ah, so we are back at the place with its million doors. Mercy Cross Hospital. Jarred parked the car and then we got out. I have to say the drive to the hospital was quite short because Jarred did all the talking and we listened to really cool music. He told me that he wants to become a DJ. He then told me that he was also one of the students elected to go to Harvard. He basically talked all the time and I mean all the time. I barely could get a word in. It was kind of nice to just be the one listening for once.

"Are you ready?" Jarred asked breaking my thoughts once again and snapping me back to reality.

"I have no idea. I don't really know what to expect. You?"

"Yeah, I have no idea. So lets go."

He also told me about how he and Aaron have been friends since birth. That is kind of nice. He also showed me photos of him and Aaron in their younger days and I have to say they were quite handsome young lads.

It was easier this time to get to Aaron's room. We still had to wear the gloves, masks and the white aprons. We we approached his room, there was no one in front of it. It felt a little weird. We then went to his reception area and asked if we could see him. The lady then informed us that it would be alright for us to see him but that we should bear in mind that his condition has not yet changed. We went anyway. We went through the sliding doors and everything was exactly the same. The machines, the wires and a lifeless Aaron connected to all of that. I really hated seeing him like that.

"Always looking as charming as always Mr Sykes, aren't we?" Jarred spoke to Aaron as if he was going to answer him. He basically had an entire conversation with Aaron. He told him everything he missed. I really admired that of him. However this is not a normal situation and the person cannot answer you. I saw tears welling up in Jarred's eyes and he left the room, probably so that I cannot see him crying. I still thought that he was strong though. That left me alone with him. What do you say to someone who cannot respond to you. I barely know the guy. So I did what I pretty much always do. I took a photo of Aaron lying in his hospital bed, being the creep that I am.

"Always taking photos. Do I at least look photo worthy?"

I nearly dropped my camera and almost died. Aaron Sykes is awake. He is speaking to me. Oh My Word, he is AWAKE.What do I do now?

"The silent treatment, guess I deserved that for being a little absent these past days."

"What? You are in hospital. You have not been absent for these few days, you have been busy fighting for your life. How can you..." Before anymore words came out my mouth, the tears streamed down my face. Really? Marie. You could have not chosen a worst time to cry.

"Are you crying? Why? Wait, are you are crying over me?"

I could not utter a word and I just stood there looking like a panda because all my make up was ruined. Great. Aaron just stared at me and then he laughed. He laughed at me crying over him.

"I am sorry. I just thought that you would be the last person to cry over me."

"Why would you say that? I am crying because I care about you and I don't know why."

"How about because I am irresistible and because living without my hotness would drive you to tears."

I cannot believe this guy. He is unbelievable. He basically just almost died and here he is making jokes and flirting with me. Before anymore words was spoken, Jarred returned and he basically had the same reaction as me.

"Aaron, dude. You are alive?"

"Off course, I cannot leave the girls of Stowe High at your mercy." He said that while chuckling. That is the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. Stop it Marie, you are getting weird.

"How about a photo, Marie?"

"Of me and you?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"You are connected to like a hundred machines?"

"Jarred can call the nurse and she can remove it."

Just like that. He said that as if removing his wires is not such a big deal. So Jarred went off to call the nurse. He came back later with a nurse and she came to unhook Aaron from the machines.

"So are you ready?

I had no choice because Jarred basically pushed me towards Aaron and then he held me tight. There was no chance of an escape. I was surrounded. So Jarred took the photo. We both smiled at the camera and then Aaron whispered something in my ear and then he kiss me on the cheek. I will not forget his words.

"I am glad that you are here."

................................................................................................................................................................

This was such an awesome chapter. So what do you guys think? Is there romance in the air?

Let me know your thoughts. Until next time.

-GirlinNewyork*