4~Crushed

"Maya!" Leo yells once again. Maya tries to put on a smile as her heart breaks each time she remembers their last conversation.

"What's up Leo?" She asks timidly.

"I'm going on a date with Karai and I don't know what to do. Do I....." Everything is numb as Maya stops listening to her crush drone on about another girl.

She didn't want to help him win this girl over, but she didn't exactly have a choice since she is his best friend.

"Just... be yourself?" She questions. Leo gives her a smile and wraps her up in a hug. Maya likes it more than she should and takes advantage to wrap her arms around him.

"You'll always be my best friend you know?" Leo murmurs softly. Maya's heart deflates as she nods, holding back tears.

-Date-

Maya stalks Leo as he runs on the rooftops to find Karai. She wants to see what happens and who this girl is.

Leo lands on a rooftop with a billboard on top and sits down beside a female figure in armor.

This must be Karai.

Maya felt angry suddenly. Why is she not noticed, but this stranger is? Why did Leo want to date her? Is it truly better to be bad?

As Maya questions their relationship, Leo leans in and kisses Karai. Sadness swallows Maya and she chokes down a sob. She can't stop crying. She jumps from where she is hiding and runs off back to the sewers.

Nobody seems to notice Maya as she darts to her room. She slams her door and falls down, crying with her head on her knees and her arms around herself. It seems like Leo has someone now and Maya thrown away.